Village celebrates its new ale
BARNHAM is a village with its own beer as a new ale is launched there this weekend. After the success of a recent Beer Festival, St Gregory's ale will be launched at the village fete on Sunday.
BARNHAM is a village with its own beer as a new ale is launched there this weekend.
After the success of a recent Beer Festival, St Gregory's ale will be launched at the village fete on Sunday.
Brewed by the Red Rat Craft Brewery, the brew was carefully chosen with input from the 150-plus beer enthusiasts who attended the village's first beer festival. Twelve beers were tasted and then rated on colour, aroma, taste and strength.
The information was collated by the brewery and used to create the village's very own beer.
You may also want to watch:
A competition was run to name the beer and it was unanimously decided to name it after the village church of St Gregory.
There will be a cask of beer at the bar and bottles will be on sale to take away, with a special launch promotion.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
As well as this special attraction, the fete has all the usual traditional village fete attractions, with lots going on from 1-4pm.