Time running out for museum show
Visitors have a month to see a Thetford museum's latest temporary exhibition.A celebration of local hoarders, Collectamania, at Ancient House, Museum of Thetford Life, is the second of the tourist attraction's changing displays space since it reopened after a major refurbishment in 2006.
Visitors have a month to see a Thetford museum's latest temporary exhibition.
A celebration of local hoarders, Collectamania, at Ancient House, Museum of Thetford Life, is the second of the tourist attraction's changing displays space since it reopened after a major refurbishment in 2006.
Officials from Norfolk Museums and Archaeology Service are now urging people to visit the exhibition at the Tudor townhouse in White Hart Street before it comes to an end on Saturday, April 26.
The collection of items such as circus memorabilia, Thetford postcards, commemorative mugs, insects in amber, Beatrix Potter figures and silver spoons, is set to be replaced by almost half of the Thetford Treasure.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition of 35 pieces of precious 4th century Roman gold jewellery and silver spoons will open at Ancient House on Monday May 12 as part of a six month loan from the British Museum in London.
For more information, call 01842 752599 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on