Thetford Singers' Brandon debut
AFTER a highly acclaimed perfomance in front of a full house in the Guildhall, the Thetford Singers will be repeating their concert of Folk Songs and Spirituals with a first ever performance in Brandon at 7.
AFTER a highly acclaimed perfomance in front of a full house in the Guildhall, the Thetford Singers will be repeating their concert of Folk Songs and Spirituals with a first ever performance in Brandon at 7.30pm on Saturday. The venue is the Harvest Centre, Full Gospel Church, Fengate Drove with seating for 200 and a car park.
Once again Christina Whye is flying over from Ireland to sing mezzo- soprano in the main work Feel The Spirit - an arrangement of well known spirituals by John Rutter which ends with a chorus of When The Saints Go Marching In in which the audience are invited to join. The choir has enjoyed rehearsing this very different style of music under their new musical director Chris Wray who will also be airing his baritone voice in Let Us Garlands Bring by Gerald Finzi, and in Vaughan Williams' arrangement of The Turtle Dove with Mary Rolton conducting. Piano accompaniment throughout is by Pip Jepson, who received the biggest cheer of the night at the Guildhall.
Additional guests are the Sisters in Christ, a trio of gospel singers who have delighted many audiences with their outstanding harmonies in arrangements of spirituals.
Tickets are available in advance from Not Just Flowers, Market Hill, Brandon (telephone 01842 810528) at £6 (senior citizens £5) or £7 (£6 on the door).
You may also want to watch:
For any inquiries phone 01842 890995.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results