Thetford Singers' Brandon debut
AFTER a highly acclaimed perfomance in front of a full house in the Guildhall, the Thetford Singers will be repeating their concert of Folk Songs and Spirituals with a first ever performance in Brandon at 7.
AFTER a highly acclaimed perfomance in front of a full house in the Guildhall, the Thetford Singers will be repeating their concert of Folk Songs and Spirituals with a first ever performance in Brandon at 7.30pm on Saturday. The venue is the Harvest Centre, Full Gospel Church, Fengate Drove with seating for 200 and a car park.
Once again Christina Whye is flying over from Ireland to sing mezzo- soprano in the main work Feel The Spirit - an arrangement of well known spirituals by John Rutter which ends with a chorus of When The Saints Go Marching In in which the audience are invited to join. The choir has enjoyed rehearsing this very different style of music under their new musical director Chris Wray who will also be airing his baritone voice in Let Us Garlands Bring by Gerald Finzi, and in Vaughan Williams' arrangement of The Turtle Dove with Mary Rolton conducting. Piano accompaniment throughout is by Pip Jepson, who received the biggest cheer of the night at the Guildhall.
Additional guests are the Sisters in Christ, a trio of gospel singers who have delighted many audiences with their outstanding harmonies in arrangements of spirituals.
Tickets are available in advance from Not Just Flowers, Market Hill, Brandon (telephone 01842 810528) at £6 (senior citizens £5) or £7 (£6 on the door).
For any inquiries phone 01842 890995.
- 1 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 2 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 3 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 4 The artist who paints portraits to honour frontline workers
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 7 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 8 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 9 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 10 Jab campaign focuses on vaccine-hesitant hotspots