Thetford Festival gets underway with a packed schedule in store
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Two weeks of music, arts, food, sport, walking and wildlife is all set to get underway as the Thetford’s Great Festival begins today.
This year’s festival promises a packed schedule of everything from arts to allotments, rambling to running, and dinosaurs to dancing.
A launch event last night saw the unveiling of a herd of colourful cows, decorated by local young people.
Highlights of the bumper programme - copies of which were distributed in the town earlier this month - include a world record conga attempt by Thetford Parkrun this Saturday, Thetford Players’ Great Pantomime Dame event on Friday and the European premiere of To Begin the World Over Again: The Life of Thomas Paine - a film about the town’s most famous son - on Saturday.
There will also be opportunities to let your creative juices flow at Water Works’ free painting classes from Friday to Sunday, open to all abilities.
You may also want to watch:
And children can show their skills at the MAP Music Workshops, taking place from Wednesday to Friday next week.
Corinne Fulford, organiser, said the festival was raring to go.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 7 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 8 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
“Everyone is busy getting their tickets or putting the final touches to all their festival events.
“It’s an exciting time and the committee can’t wait to get the first events underway,” she said.
More than 60 events and activities will be taking place under the festival banner, with most being held for free.
Ticketed events have already been selling well, according to Ms Fulford.
To buy tickets or book for any events contact the festival box office at Leaping Hare, 20 King Street, Thetford. You can also call 01842 751975 or 07802 701911, visit www.leapinghare.org, or email email@example.com
The Times is proud to be working as a media partner with the Thetford’s Great Festival.
Go to www.thetfordandbrandontimes.co.uk throughout the two weeks for the latest news and reports from festival events.