Thetford Festival gets underway with a packed schedule in store
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Two weeks of music, arts, food, sport, walking and wildlife is all set to get underway as the Thetford’s Great Festival begins today.
This year’s festival promises a packed schedule of everything from arts to allotments, rambling to running, and dinosaurs to dancing.
A launch event last night saw the unveiling of a herd of colourful cows, decorated by local young people.
Highlights of the bumper programme - copies of which were distributed in the town earlier this month - include a world record conga attempt by Thetford Parkrun this Saturday, Thetford Players’ Great Pantomime Dame event on Friday and the European premiere of To Begin the World Over Again: The Life of Thomas Paine - a film about the town’s most famous son - on Saturday.
There will also be opportunities to let your creative juices flow at Water Works’ free painting classes from Friday to Sunday, open to all abilities.
And children can show their skills at the MAP Music Workshops, taking place from Wednesday to Friday next week.
Corinne Fulford, organiser, said the festival was raring to go.
- 1 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 2 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
“Everyone is busy getting their tickets or putting the final touches to all their festival events.
“It’s an exciting time and the committee can’t wait to get the first events underway,” she said.
More than 60 events and activities will be taking place under the festival banner, with most being held for free.
Ticketed events have already been selling well, according to Ms Fulford.
To buy tickets or book for any events contact the festival box office at Leaping Hare, 20 King Street, Thetford. You can also call 01842 751975 or 07802 701911, visit www.leapinghare.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Times is proud to be working as a media partner with the Thetford’s Great Festival.
Go to www.thetfordandbrandontimes.co.uk throughout the two weeks for the latest news and reports from festival events.