Soul legend heads for Brandon
Soul legend Alexander O'Neal is heading for Brandon.The US-born singer, 55, known for hit single Criticise, is to play a gig at the Great Eastern Hotel in front of 120 people on Saturday, August 16.
Soul legend Alexander O'Neal is heading for Brandon.
The US-born singer, 55, known for hit single Criticise, is to play a gig at the Great Eastern Hotel in front of 120 people on Saturday, August 16.
It is part of a spectacular series of gigs at the upcoming High Street venue. Rockney duo Chas and Dave are due for their second gig at the Great Eastern on November 15, Mike Penders' The Searchers are lined up for October 25 and Faulker's Bay City Rollers head for the hotel for a Christmas show on December 20.
Steve Healy, who runs the Great Eastern with his wife Mish, said a recent Chas and Dave gig had been very popular and he was keen to develop the venue and give it a reputation as a place for good live music. With the Searchers, Bay City Rollers and Alexander O'Neal there was a big act from three different decades.
You may also want to watch:
“We only have 120 tickets on sale so this is an intimate venue,” he said. “People can come along, see the act and have a chance to meet and have a chat with them as well.”
The couple have been at the Great Eastern just over a year, having previously run the town's Duke of Wellington pub. Steve, who used to play in a band himself, said he wanted to offer people good reasons for coming to the venue.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Tickets for the Alexander O'Neal gig are £39 and include a two course meal.
The Searchers are on Saturday, October 25 and tickets cost £24 including a meal.
Chas and Dave are back on Saturday, November 15 and cost £35 a ticket and Faulkners Bay City Rollers are on Saturday, December 20 and cost £39.
Call 01842 819988 for more information or tickets.