See Weeting's online art show
An online exhibition of the artwork created by children and young people who attended the Saturday Art Club Weeting 21 can be seen from Sunday until May 31 at www.
An online exhibition of the artwork created by children and young people who attended the Saturday Art Club Weeting 21 can be seen from Sunday until May 31 at www.weeting21.org.uk (click on arts).
Five artists covered the sessions, each bringing a different process for the young people to try. Those who attended the club were aged from eight to 15.
The club gave young people access to arts workshops with professional artists and the opportunity to undertake an arts award at bronze and silver levels.
Three of the young people completed the award - an accredited qualification from Trinity College London and the Arts Council. They were Eloise Trett, aged 12, Darcy Wilson, 12 and Jay Yates, 11.
You may also want to watch:
The Saturday Art Club was funded through Awards for All, Norfolk County Council's arts project fund and a youth activity grant from Breckland District Council.
Each artist provided an illustrated talk about their life as an artist and approach to creating their artwork. They also brought sketchbooks and working models and samples, so the young people could see the background work involved with creating art. A diverse range was available, from using recycled materials to create fantasy flora, through to stonecarving, painting with egg tempera and feltmaking. The outcome of these workshops can be seen in the exhibition.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 5 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs