Popular country fair promises huge range of family-friendly attractions
- Credit: Gregg Brown
One of the region’s biggest annual country fairs is ready for another day full of family-friendly entertainment.
Returning for its 28th year, the popular and tradition Euston Rural Pastimes event is a celebration of rural pursuits and agriculture.
Held on Sunday, June 10 at Euston park, near Thetford, there will be a wide range of attractions taking place inside the three arena rings and out.
The line-up includes the Bolddog Lings FMX Team, a motorcycle display team full of heart-stopping tricks, and a steam age parade.
This year the country fair will also host the qualifying event for the Great Britain Ridden Heavy Horse Championships.
Chris Fogden, the chairman of the organising committee, said: “This year’s Rural Pastimes event as ever, has a huge range of attractions and displays to appeal to all the family.
“The star attraction will be Bolddog Lings FMX display team.”
- 1 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 2 Village's closed pub could be turned into flats
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 5 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 6 Revealed: Some of the places you are most likely to spot ghosts in Norfolk
- 7 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 10 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
The Sheep Show will return once again with entertaining and humorous demonstrations in shearing throughout the day.
There will also be a gun dog scurry, heavy horses on show, the chance to sail a coracle and displays of classic cars, steam engines, motorcycles, model aircraft and dog shows, as well as activities to entertain the children.
A Battle of Britain memorial flight involving a Hawker Hurricane will take place in the afternoon and the Norfolk-based Wildcat Aerobatics display team will put on a show.
St Genevieve’s Church will also be hosting its prestigious flower festival.
Incorporated into the event in 1994 and hosted at the church on the estate, this year’s theme is musicals and there will also be a crafts area with demonstrations and trade stalls.
Local charities, churches and St Nicholas Hospice Care will once again benefit from the event.
Since it was launched in 1990, the country fair has raised £523,000 which has been shared between the charities.
For more information about the event or to buy reduced price advance tickets, visit the Euston Rural Pastimes website.
On-the-gate tickets cost £10 for adults, £5 for under-12s and under-fives are free.
Gates open at 10am.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome.