Paul Weller tickets almost all gone
Concert organisers spoke of their delight last night after the latest Thetford Forest gig almost sold all of its ticket allocation in the space of a week.
ORGANISERS of the Elton John concert at Holkham Hall on June 14 said they expected all 16,000 tickets to sell.
Ben Martin, of Marshall Arts, which is promoting the concert, said sales had been “incredibly good” considering they became available just before Christmas.
Elton John tickets are available from 0871 231 0835 or www.seetickets.com.
Meanwhile concert organisers spoke of their delight last night after the latest Thetford Forest gig almost sold all of its ticket allocation in the space of a week.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets to see Paul Weller at High Lodge, on the Norfolk-Suffolk border, went on sale on Friday after the Forestry Commission announced that the “Modfather” of rock was playing six woodland venues this summer.
The government organisation yesterday confirmed that fans had almost snapped up all of the 6,000 tickets for the concert on Friday, June 5. Officials from the commission were forced to suspend their online booking system following the demand for the singer-songwriter's appearance at the music venue.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
It comes as other summer concert organisers in the region are anticipating sellout crowds, despite the impact of the credit crunch on people's finances.
Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra are also set to play at High Lodge, on June 6, and four more acts are due to be announced in the near future.
For concert details, call the box office on 01842 814612 or visit www.forestry.gov.uk.