Get in shape at Lakenheath Fen
PEOPLE are being offered a chance to get in shape before the Christmas indulgence begins with a brisk stroll around the RSPB's Lakenheath Fen on Sunday from 10.
PEOPLE are being offered a chance to get in shape before the Christmas indulgence begins with a brisk stroll around the RSPB's Lakenheath Fen on Sunday from 10.30am-1pm.
Wildlife at the fen at this time of year includes mallard, teal, wigeon, gadwall and shoveller, bearded tits, reed buntings and cetti's warblers. If you're lucky you may even catch a glimpse in the visitor centre pond of an otter.
After the walk mulled wine and mince pies will be on offer at the visitor centre.
Rebecca Pitman, information officer at Lakenheath Fen, said: “By coming along on a guided walk you will be taken under the wing of one of the reserve's wardens who will identify the wildlife you see and hear. Their expert knowledge really enhances the experience of walking around the reserve, and you will encounter more wildlife than you would by walking by yourself. A good walk before Christmas is also a good way to get some exercise before the festive season is in full swing!”
You may also want to watch:
The cost to this event is £3 each with RSPB members half-price, booking being essential.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Neil, 85, touches hearts after taking part in memory walk for residents
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs