Get in shape at Lakenheath Fen
PEOPLE are being offered a chance to get in shape before the Christmas indulgence begins with a brisk stroll around the RSPB's Lakenheath Fen on Sunday from 10.
PEOPLE are being offered a chance to get in shape before the Christmas indulgence begins with a brisk stroll around the RSPB's Lakenheath Fen on Sunday from 10.30am-1pm.
Wildlife at the fen at this time of year includes mallard, teal, wigeon, gadwall and shoveller, bearded tits, reed buntings and cetti's warblers. If you're lucky you may even catch a glimpse in the visitor centre pond of an otter.
After the walk mulled wine and mince pies will be on offer at the visitor centre.
Rebecca Pitman, information officer at Lakenheath Fen, said: “By coming along on a guided walk you will be taken under the wing of one of the reserve's wardens who will identify the wildlife you see and hear. Their expert knowledge really enhances the experience of walking around the reserve, and you will encounter more wildlife than you would by walking by yourself. A good walk before Christmas is also a good way to get some exercise before the festive season is in full swing!”
You may also want to watch:
The cost to this event is £3 each with RSPB members half-price, booking being essential.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Task force to assess future developments of West Suffolk's markets
- 10 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault