Gallery show has Lottery backing
THETFORD Art Gallery has received national sponsorship from Awards For All for its annual art event, this year called Upstairs Comes Down.The event takes place in the large court of the Guildhall from August 9 to 21 and will include the Jack Pilling open art competition.
THETFORD Art Gallery has received national sponsorship from Awards For All for its annual art event, this year called Upstairs Comes Down.
The event takes place in the large court of the Guildhall from August 9 to 21 and will include the Jack Pilling open art competition.
With over 25 different entry classes for all ages from three years upwards, there is something for everyone this year, including one category for newcomers to Thetford. All classes will have a cash prize and there are also some additional prizes from local business sponsors which will be awarded at the judges discretion. Details and entry forms are available from the gallery or from their website www.thetford:gallery.org,uk.
On August 12 there will also be a series of demonstrations and workshops by artists and other crafts people to show various different styles and techniques to run alongside the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Museum Service is bringing a children's archaeology day to the Small Court with hands on experiences and fun for all. While all this is going on downstairs the Brandon Photographic Club will hold their annual exhibition upstairs where you will also find the usual tea, coffee and cakes service with extended opening hours from 10am to 4pm.
They also have sponsorship from Breckland Council and Thetford Town Council.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
If you have any questions please contact the gallery office on 766599.