Gallery show has Lottery backing
THETFORD Art Gallery has received national sponsorship from Awards For All for its annual art event, this year called Upstairs Comes Down.The event takes place in the large court of the Guildhall from August 9 to 21 and will include the Jack Pilling open art competition.
THETFORD Art Gallery has received national sponsorship from Awards For All for its annual art event, this year called Upstairs Comes Down.
The event takes place in the large court of the Guildhall from August 9 to 21 and will include the Jack Pilling open art competition.
With over 25 different entry classes for all ages from three years upwards, there is something for everyone this year, including one category for newcomers to Thetford. All classes will have a cash prize and there are also some additional prizes from local business sponsors which will be awarded at the judges discretion. Details and entry forms are available from the gallery or from their website www.thetford:gallery.org,uk.
On August 12 there will also be a series of demonstrations and workshops by artists and other crafts people to show various different styles and techniques to run alongside the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Museum Service is bringing a children's archaeology day to the Small Court with hands on experiences and fun for all. While all this is going on downstairs the Brandon Photographic Club will hold their annual exhibition upstairs where you will also find the usual tea, coffee and cakes service with extended opening hours from 10am to 4pm.
They also have sponsorship from Breckland Council and Thetford Town Council.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 9 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident
If you have any questions please contact the gallery office on 766599.