Gallery show has Lottery backing
THETFORD Art Gallery has received national sponsorship from Awards For All for its annual art event, this year called Upstairs Comes Down.The event takes place in the large court of the Guildhall from August 9 to 21 and will include the Jack Pilling open art competition.
THETFORD Art Gallery has received national sponsorship from Awards For All for its annual art event, this year called Upstairs Comes Down.
The event takes place in the large court of the Guildhall from August 9 to 21 and will include the Jack Pilling open art competition.
With over 25 different entry classes for all ages from three years upwards, there is something for everyone this year, including one category for newcomers to Thetford. All classes will have a cash prize and there are also some additional prizes from local business sponsors which will be awarded at the judges discretion. Details and entry forms are available from the gallery or from their website www.thetford:gallery.org,uk.
On August 12 there will also be a series of demonstrations and workshops by artists and other crafts people to show various different styles and techniques to run alongside the exhibition.
Norfolk Museum Service is bringing a children's archaeology day to the Small Court with hands on experiences and fun for all. While all this is going on downstairs the Brandon Photographic Club will hold their annual exhibition upstairs where you will also find the usual tea, coffee and cakes service with extended opening hours from 10am to 4pm.
They also have sponsorship from Breckland Council and Thetford Town Council.
- 1 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 2 Village's closed pub could be turned into flats
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 5 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 6 Revealed: Some of the places you are most likely to spot ghosts in Norfolk
- 7 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 8 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 9 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 10 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
If you have any questions please contact the gallery office on 766599.