Family event at Lakenheath Fen
A Suffolk nature reserve is staging a free family event at the weekend to pass on garden bird feeding tips.Lakenheath Fen will be opening between 11am and 2.
A Suffolk nature reserve is staging a free family event at the weekend to pass on garden bird feeding tips.
Lakenheath Fen will be opening between 11am and 2.30pm on Sunday as part of the RSPB's Feed the Birds Day.
Visitors will get the chance to make bird feeders and take part in a family quiz trail.
Katherine Puttick, RSPB Warden, said the event aimed to raise awareness of the importance of feeding garden birds over the winter.
You may also want to watch:
“Providing a fat ball or a feeder full of peanuts is a gourmet meal to birds such as robins, blackbirds and blue tits - the birds will pay you back by singing to you all winter if you entice them in to your garden with a little food.”
For more information, visit www.rspb.org.uk/feedthebirds
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack