Disco in memory of Watton woman, Lisa Fletcher
A charity disco will be held in memory of Watton woman who had a great love of horses.
Lisa Fletcher, 38, lost her long and courageous battle with cancer in January and her horse, Polly, played an important role in her funeral.
Now one of her many friends has organised a fancy dress disco to thank the charities which helped Lisa during her illness.
The event will be held at Watton Sports Centre from 7pm on Saturday and there are still a handful of tickets available.
Organiser Ricky Eagle said: “Lisa was my friend for many years and she was such a nice person. You knew if you were friends with her, you were friends for life. She always made people feel so happy.”
You may also want to watch:
Local businesses have supported the disco and there will also be a raffle, tombola and a auction of promises on the night, plus prizes for the best fancy dress outfits.
Costs have been covered, so all the money raised will be split between Swaffham and Litcham Home Hospice Support and Marie Curie Cancer Care.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
A group of young singers and rappers from across the area, called IPS, will be performing.
For tickets or more information, call Mr Eagle on 07889 975892.