Town's popular open gardens event set to return
- Credit: Archant
An annual event which sees beautiful gardens across Thetford opened up to the public is set to make its return.
Thetford Open Gardens in its usual form was cancelled last year amid the coronavirus pandemic, and replaced by virtual activities and fundraising.
But the devoted team of organisers are back and have been busy organising for a special double event, to be held on June 6 and June 27.
Funds are once again being raised for St Nicholas Hospice Care, which provides end-of-life support for people in west Suffolk and Thetford.
Due to Covid restrictions, ticket availability for June 6 is limited and no more than 30 people will be allowed in a single garden at any one time.
You may also want to watch:
Stewards will be on hand to control numbers, especially at smaller gardens.
Tickets, priced at £10 for one day's entry or £15 for both, are available from the Everything Thetford shop on King Street or online via leapinghare.org/leaping-hare-box-office.
- 1 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Teen appears in court charged with sexual assault on girl in Thetford