PICTURES: East Anglian Game and Country Fair finally returns
- Credit: Steve Adams
Crowds were delighted to be back as a two-day showcase of rural pursuits, food and country sports made its long overdue return.
Hundreds flocked to the East Anglian Game and Country Fair over the weekend, held at the Euston Estate near Thetford.
The annual extravaganza would usually take place at the end of April, but was cancelled in 2020 amid the coronavirus pandemic and then postponed this year.
But families were back in the main arena to witness highlights including jaw-dropping stunts from the Broke FMX display team, as well as the Horseboarding UK Championships.
Visitors also enjoyed a dog and duck show, British Scurry and Trials Driving, falconry, gun dog displays, and fishing demos with world champion fly-caster Hywel Morgan.
The East Anglian Game and Country Fair began in 2004, mainly in response to traders wanting an opportunity to exhibit between Easter and the summer show season.
You may also want to watch:
The Euston Estate is home to the Duke and Duchess of Grafton.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 5 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 6 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 7 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 10 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash