Competition: Win tickets to the East Anglian Game & Country Fair with the Thetford & Brandon Times
The Thetford & Brandon Times has teamed up with the organisers of the East Anglian Game & Country Fair to offer our readers 10 pairs of tickets to this annual spectacular, being held at the Norfolk Showground in April.
The two-day family event, taking place on the weekend of April 16-17, will offer a packed day out with world-class attractions and hundreds of stalls.
Among those in the display arena will be six-times world champion hip-shooter John Bidwell, who will be performing his off-the-hip shooting demonstration.
World-famous horse behaviourist Richard Maxwell will giving demonstrations with some of his own horses and ponies, as well as working on a few problematic horses brought to the show by the public.
And leading freestyle mountain-bike stunt team Savage Skills will not only be giving a jaw-dropping display, but also running an experience area when show visitors of all ages can have a go.
You may also want to watch:
Around the showground there will be over 250 shopping stands, John Lewis fashion and beauty workshops, and cookery demonstrations from chefs Chris Coubrough, Franck Pontais and Alan Coxon.
Other attractions for fans of rural pursuits include the West Norfolk Hunt hound parade, country sports including clay shooting, fly fishing and mountain boarding, and advice from the Norfolk Poultry Club.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Task force to assess future developments of West Suffolk's markets
- 10 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault
For families, there will be children’s entertainers, an animal area and a free Treasure Trail.
There is also the popular Terrier and Lurcher Show (Sunday, 11am) which will be a championships qualifier.
Your own dog can participate in agility and jumping competitions, and there is a dog cr�che should they need a break!
Advance tickets are available now from www.ukgamefair.co.uk and 0871 230 1102, priced at �9.50 for adults, �4 for children (ages 5-16), and �27 for a family (two adults, three children). A weekend camping pass for four people is also available for �79.
How to enter:
Just answer the following question:
What is the name the international horse behaviourist who is appearing?
A: Richard the Lionheart
B: Richard Maxwell
C: Little Richard
Terms & conditions:
The competition closes on Monday April 11. The winners’ names will be chosen at random from all the correct answers and the editor’s decision is final. No cash alternative is available. Standard Archant competition rules also apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.