Wright leads the way for Thetford AC in Snetterton race
- Credit: Archant
Thetford AC’s seniors were out in force at the annual Snetterton Half Marathon,
The course consists of three 7km laps around the iconic race circuit to make up the relatively flat 13.1 miles.
Karl Wright led the charge for the team with a time of 1:33.20 shortly followed by Louise White with a personal best of 1:33.40.
Following in their footsteps were also Jason Elrick (1:36.31), Richard Dolman (1:36.21), Charlie Stone (1:36.35), Richard Crewe (1:37.36), ?ukasz Ryzi?ski (1:43.46), Paul Rayner (1:44.03), Ray Reeves (1:45.32), Natalie King (1:46.07), Gary Malliband (1:48.03), Paul Taverner (1:53.45), Kayleigh Bailey (2:03.41) and Julie Reeves (2:26.40).
Six Thetford AC athletes endured cold winds to take part in the Stowmarket Scenic 7, a unique picturesque seven mile race.
You may also want to watch:
Out of the 423 competitors first home for Thetford was Jason Elrick in 56th place with a time of 49:08 followed by Richard Crewe in 86th in 52:04. Natalie King finished 118th in 54:34 and Kayleigh Bailey finished 197th in 59:22. Finishing with a joint time of 1-07:49 were Wendy Howard and Ann Kirton in 314th and 315th place respectively.
The second race of the Ryston Runners Grand Prix series took place at a sunny Shouldham Warren. Thetford athlete Monty Findlay was the sole representative in the U9 boys’ race and over 800m, finished in 14th position in 3.34. The U11 girls event saw Bethany Wilson race to a second place finish, tackling the 2km course in a time of 8.49, followed by Alicia-Mae Howard in seventh in 9.42.
- 1 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 2 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 3 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 4 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 5 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 6 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 7 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 10 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
Competing for the U11 boys was Callum Wing who finished in 12th position (9.16) and Alfie Findlay who completed the course in 9.36 for 17th.
The seniors’ race which was competed over a distance of 9km and Kevin Vaughan was victorious in the men’s V50 category in 31.49. Sabine Schaefer was victorious in the women’s V40 category in 36.46. Also representing the club in the women’s V45 category were Tina Plumley who finished fourth (41.17) and Ann Kirton (51.51), Wendy Howard was also competing in the women’s V40 category finishing ninth in 50.41. Charlotte Smith and Steve Dickens went to Eton Dorney to represent the club in duathlons.
Charlotte finished the standard distance in 2:20.53 and was third female while Steve Dickens finished the sprint distance in 1:21.06 and came 13th overall.