West Acre win billiards title
West Acre D are Narbeck Boys' Billiards League champions for 2009-10.They won the league in fine style with a 3-0 home win over champions for the last two years Gaywood Cons.
West Acre D are Narbeck Boys' Billiards League champions for 2009-10.
They won the league in fine style with a 3-0 home win over champions for the last two years Gaywood Cons.
Jack Easter and Jake Loane both produced scores just short of their personal bests while Paul Keaney beat his with a new best score of 42.
A league spokesman said: “Well done to all three boys who have practiced regularly, listened to advice and all reduced their start handicaps by around 30 points.”
The race for runners-up spot is hotting up with, Narborough and Lynn Maltings both in the running to catch current second place team Acre C, who beat Narborough 2-1 at West acre on Monday.
Good wins for Both Rochy Clark and James Eyre, who both where within 10 points of their pb scores clinched the win, while Jack Crisp played well to claim the visitors' sole point. Jack recorded a nice 22 break here.
- 1 7 Norfolk pubs that have reopened with new landlords in 2022
- 2 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 3 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 4 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 5 Appeal for more Suffolk blood donors to prevent stocks running low
- 6 More F-35 squadrons to be stationed in Suffolk to boost US presence
- 7 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 8 Remarkable life of the Duleep Singhs explored in new exhibition
- 9 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
Lynn Maltings perhaps have the best chance to get runners-up spot, after an excellent 2-1 home win for themselves over Swaffham.
Damien Evans topped his best score to 89 points, while Captain Matt Duncalf got the win for Lynn.
Benn Elliott pulled back Swaffham's point.
Acre A finished their season with a 3-0 away defeat at Gaywood (in a rearranged game ), and a 2-1 home win over West Acre B, Alex Ward was in good form here scoring in excess of 100 points in his games.
Highest breaks: 45, 43, 41, 36, 32, 32, 32, 32, 31, 31, 30-Bruce Welham; 35, 21 Benn Elliott; 32, 23, 23, 22 Chris Drew; 26, 20, 20 Chris Hollands; 25, 24 Alex Ward; 22, 20 Danny O'Brien; 21 Damain Evans; 22, 20 Jack Crisp.
Highest scores: Bruce Welham 195, Chris Drew 164, Chris Hollands 149, Alex Ward 142, Dan Westwood 126, Benn Elliott 124, Ryan Williams 123, Jack Crisp 116, Josh Reynolds 108, Matt Duncalf 105, Danny O'Brien 99, Jazmin Cainey 96, Damien Evans 89, James Eyre 88, Sam Lucas 87, Ryan Jackson 79, Ross Durrant 78, Beth Duke 69, Daniel Drew 58, Rochy Clarke 54, Jack Easter 49, Jake Loane 45, Gary Morris 42, Paul Keeney 42, Liam Hollands 40.