West Acre win billiards title
West Acre D are Narbeck Boys' Billiards League champions for 2009-10.They won the league in fine style with a 3-0 home win over champions for the last two years Gaywood Cons.
West Acre D are Narbeck Boys' Billiards League champions for 2009-10.
They won the league in fine style with a 3-0 home win over champions for the last two years Gaywood Cons.
Jack Easter and Jake Loane both produced scores just short of their personal bests while Paul Keaney beat his with a new best score of 42.
A league spokesman said: “Well done to all three boys who have practiced regularly, listened to advice and all reduced their start handicaps by around 30 points.”
The race for runners-up spot is hotting up with, Narborough and Lynn Maltings both in the running to catch current second place team Acre C, who beat Narborough 2-1 at West acre on Monday.
Good wins for Both Rochy Clark and James Eyre, who both where within 10 points of their pb scores clinched the win, while Jack Crisp played well to claim the visitors' sole point. Jack recorded a nice 22 break here.
- 1 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 2 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 6 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 7 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 8 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 9 Liz Truss sidesteps leadership question as she backs 'fantastic' PM
- 10 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
Lynn Maltings perhaps have the best chance to get runners-up spot, after an excellent 2-1 home win for themselves over Swaffham.
Damien Evans topped his best score to 89 points, while Captain Matt Duncalf got the win for Lynn.
Benn Elliott pulled back Swaffham's point.
Acre A finished their season with a 3-0 away defeat at Gaywood (in a rearranged game ), and a 2-1 home win over West Acre B, Alex Ward was in good form here scoring in excess of 100 points in his games.
Highest breaks: 45, 43, 41, 36, 32, 32, 32, 32, 31, 31, 30-Bruce Welham; 35, 21 Benn Elliott; 32, 23, 23, 22 Chris Drew; 26, 20, 20 Chris Hollands; 25, 24 Alex Ward; 22, 20 Danny O'Brien; 21 Damain Evans; 22, 20 Jack Crisp.
Highest scores: Bruce Welham 195, Chris Drew 164, Chris Hollands 149, Alex Ward 142, Dan Westwood 126, Benn Elliott 124, Ryan Williams 123, Jack Crisp 116, Josh Reynolds 108, Matt Duncalf 105, Danny O'Brien 99, Jazmin Cainey 96, Damien Evans 89, James Eyre 88, Sam Lucas 87, Ryan Jackson 79, Ross Durrant 78, Beth Duke 69, Daniel Drew 58, Rochy Clarke 54, Jack Easter 49, Jake Loane 45, Gary Morris 42, Paul Keeney 42, Liam Hollands 40.