Watton sing Carol's praises
WATTON Rugby Club - aka the Red and Black Army - recognised the contributions of one of its unsung heroes this weekend.Carol Bayley has been cooking for the team for the past 15 years, whatever the season, rain or shine, for every home game.
WATTON Rugby Club - aka the Red and Black Army - recognised the contributions of one of its unsung heroes this weekend.
Carol Bayley has been cooking for the team for the past 15 years, whatever the season, rain or shine, for every home game.
Her food is legendary amongst those teams lucky enough to sample it.
She supports the team from the sidelines, supplies the oranges at half-time and then rushes off to ensure there is hot food ready for the teams when they emerge from the changing rooms.
You may also want to watch:
This week Carol turns a spritely 70 and the team took the opportunity to wish her a very happy birthday and also to thank her for all her years of hard work.
The appreciation of the team took the form of a healthy collection which will be converted into currency for her forthcoming holiday to Brazil.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
So, does turning 70 mean Carol will be hanging up her apron? No chance, she is busier than ever as the Red and Blacks are fielding a second team this season so there will be even more cooking to do.
She is also club secretary and an integral part of the youth teams, catering for their home fixtures and taking care of youth registrations every Tuesday evening.
Luckily for the club, Carol is not planning on retiring just yet.
She is pictured above, with her bouquet, and the Watton team.