Volley good win over Victory
Thetford's men's tennis team got back to winning ways when they travelled to play Bury Victory C.The match finished with a creditable 6 sets to 2 success for the Breckland team.
Thetford's men's tennis team got back to winning ways when they travelled to play Bury Victory C.
The match finished with a creditable six sets to two success for the Breckland team.
Thetford's captain Colin Chamberlain and
his partner Darrol Satchell struggled in
You may also want to watch:
their opening match against Ron Mather and Steve Ensinger.
However, the Thetford pair dug in and won the first set 7-5 before sealing a more comfortable
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 8 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
6-3 success in the second set. As the evening progressed, Chamberlain and Satchell grew in confidence and beat Simon Williams and Kevin Collins for the loss of just three games.
Phil Crisp and Colin Walsh were Thetford's other pairing. They also started slowly, losing quite convincingly to Williams and Collins.
But Crisp and Walsh sealed an excellent away win for Thetford with a solid victory over Mather and Ensinger.
Scores: C Chamberlain & D Satchell beat R Mather & S Ensinger 7-5, 6-3 and beat S Williams & K Collins 6-0, 6-3. P Crisp & C Walsh lost to S Williams & K Collins 3-6, 1-6 and beat R Mather & S Ensinger 6-3, 6-3.