Volley good win over Victory
Thetford's men's tennis team got back to winning ways when they travelled to play Bury Victory C.The match finished with a creditable 6 sets to 2 success for the Breckland team.
Thetford's men's tennis team got back to winning ways when they travelled to play Bury Victory C.
The match finished with a creditable six sets to two success for the Breckland team.
Thetford's captain Colin Chamberlain and
his partner Darrol Satchell struggled in
You may also want to watch:
their opening match against Ron Mather and Steve Ensinger.
However, the Thetford pair dug in and won the first set 7-5 before sealing a more comfortable
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
6-3 success in the second set. As the evening progressed, Chamberlain and Satchell grew in confidence and beat Simon Williams and Kevin Collins for the loss of just three games.
Phil Crisp and Colin Walsh were Thetford's other pairing. They also started slowly, losing quite convincingly to Williams and Collins.
But Crisp and Walsh sealed an excellent away win for Thetford with a solid victory over Mather and Ensinger.
Scores: C Chamberlain & D Satchell beat R Mather & S Ensinger 7-5, 6-3 and beat S Williams & K Collins 6-0, 6-3. P Crisp & C Walsh lost to S Williams & K Collins 3-6, 1-6 and beat R Mather & S Ensinger 6-3, 6-3.