Volley good win over Victory
Thetford's men's tennis team got back to winning ways when they travelled to play Bury Victory C.The match finished with a creditable 6 sets to 2 success for the Breckland team.
Thetford's men's tennis team got back to winning ways when they travelled to play Bury Victory C.
The match finished with a creditable six sets to two success for the Breckland team.
Thetford's captain Colin Chamberlain and
his partner Darrol Satchell struggled in
You may also want to watch:
their opening match against Ron Mather and Steve Ensinger.
However, the Thetford pair dug in and won the first set 7-5 before sealing a more comfortable
- 1 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 6 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 7 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 8 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
6-3 success in the second set. As the evening progressed, Chamberlain and Satchell grew in confidence and beat Simon Williams and Kevin Collins for the loss of just three games.
Phil Crisp and Colin Walsh were Thetford's other pairing. They also started slowly, losing quite convincingly to Williams and Collins.
But Crisp and Walsh sealed an excellent away win for Thetford with a solid victory over Mather and Ensinger.
Scores: C Chamberlain & D Satchell beat R Mather & S Ensinger 7-5, 6-3 and beat S Williams & K Collins 6-0, 6-3. P Crisp & C Walsh lost to S Williams & K Collins 3-6, 1-6 and beat R Mather & S Ensinger 6-3, 6-3.