Volley good show by Thetford
THE fine form of Thetford's men's tennis players continued in their two most recent matches in Norfolk and Suffolk League Division Three.Firstly Burwell B were the visitors to The King's House Gardens and Thetford recorded an impressive six sets to two victory.
THE fine form of Thetford's men's tennis players continued in their two most recent matches in Norfolk and Suffolk League Division Three.
Firstly Burwell B were the visitors to The King's House Gardens and Thetford recorded an impressive six sets to two victory.
Thetford followed this up six days later with an eight sets to nil whitewash away to Newmarket C.
The Burwell match was completely dominated by Thetford apart from a short period either side of a rain break which seemed to temporarily disrupt the Thetford players' concentration.
Scores v Burwell: Colin Chamberlain and Nick Chamberlain beat J Bateman and S Bennett 6-4, 6-4 and halved with D Peacock and D Turner 3-6, 6-4.
Darrol Satchell and Colin Walsh beat D Peacock and D Turner 6-1, 7-5 and halved with J Bateman and S Bennett 3-6,
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Power tools stolen after van broken into
The Thetford captain, Colin Chamberlain, decided to rest himself and Colin Walsh for the trip to Newmarket - and the team did not let him down as they did not drop a set throughout the entire match.
The encounter will be particularly remembered for the statistical anomaly of each match having identical scorelines.
Scores v Newmarket: Phil Crisp and Nick Chamberlain beat C Arnold and P Sigismonde 6-4, 6-2 and beat B Taylor and I Davidson 6-4, 6-2. Darrol Satchell and Steve Williams beat B Taylor and I Davidson 6-4, 6-2 and beat C Arnold and P Sigismonde 6-4, 6-2.