Volley good show by Thetford
THE fine form of Thetford's men's tennis players continued in their two most recent matches in Norfolk and Suffolk League Division Three.Firstly Burwell B were the visitors to The King's House Gardens and Thetford recorded an impressive six sets to two victory.
THE fine form of Thetford's men's tennis players continued in their two most recent matches in Norfolk and Suffolk League Division Three.
Firstly Burwell B were the visitors to The King's House Gardens and Thetford recorded an impressive six sets to two victory.
Thetford followed this up six days later with an eight sets to nil whitewash away to Newmarket C.
The Burwell match was completely dominated by Thetford apart from a short period either side of a rain break which seemed to temporarily disrupt the Thetford players' concentration.
You may also want to watch:
Scores v Burwell: Colin Chamberlain and Nick Chamberlain beat J Bateman and S Bennett 6-4, 6-4 and halved with D Peacock and D Turner 3-6, 6-4.
Darrol Satchell and Colin Walsh beat D Peacock and D Turner 6-1, 7-5 and halved with J Bateman and S Bennett 3-6,
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
The Thetford captain, Colin Chamberlain, decided to rest himself and Colin Walsh for the trip to Newmarket - and the team did not let him down as they did not drop a set throughout the entire match.
The encounter will be particularly remembered for the statistical anomaly of each match having identical scorelines.
Scores v Newmarket: Phil Crisp and Nick Chamberlain beat C Arnold and P Sigismonde 6-4, 6-2 and beat B Taylor and I Davidson 6-4, 6-2. Darrol Satchell and Steve Williams beat B Taylor and I Davidson 6-4, 6-2 and beat C Arnold and P Sigismonde 6-4, 6-2.