Vital win for Brandon
A much-needed 2-0 win for Brandon Town over Acle edged them closer to safety in the Anglian Combination Premier Division on Saturday. A nervy first half saw Wright miss a golden opportunity in the first minute.
A much-needed 2-0 win for Brandon Town over Acle edged them closer to safety in the Anglian Combination Premier Division on Saturday.
A nervy first half saw Wright miss a golden opportunity in the first minute. Town had a very good shout for a penalty turned down as the visitors looked like they were there merely to make up the numbers.
The welcome return of Adam Leamon, making his first start after knee damage, helped Town keep their first clean sheet of 2008.
Brandon went ahead just after the hour mark when Wright was pulled back when through on goal. The referee had little option to send Foreman off and Winstone duly converted the penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Edwards and Sobiechowski were both denied by good stops by the keeper.
Leamon and Sobiechowski linked down the right and the latter's cross eventually came to Hewitt, who made no mistake to secure a hard-earned three points.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 8 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 9 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident