Vital win for Brandon
A much-needed 2-0 win for Brandon Town over Acle edged them closer to safety in the Anglian Combination Premier Division on Saturday. A nervy first half saw Wright miss a golden opportunity in the first minute.
A much-needed 2-0 win for Brandon Town over Acle edged them closer to safety in the Anglian Combination Premier Division on Saturday.
A nervy first half saw Wright miss a golden opportunity in the first minute. Town had a very good shout for a penalty turned down as the visitors looked like they were there merely to make up the numbers.
The welcome return of Adam Leamon, making his first start after knee damage, helped Town keep their first clean sheet of 2008.
Brandon went ahead just after the hour mark when Wright was pulled back when through on goal. The referee had little option to send Foreman off and Winstone duly converted the penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Edwards and Sobiechowski were both denied by good stops by the keeper.
Leamon and Sobiechowski linked down the right and the latter's cross eventually came to Hewitt, who made no mistake to secure a hard-earned three points.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Task force to assess future developments of West Suffolk's markets
- 10 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault