Vital win for Brandon
A much-needed 2-0 win for Brandon Town over Acle edged them closer to safety in the Anglian Combination Premier Division on Saturday. A nervy first half saw Wright miss a golden opportunity in the first minute.
A much-needed 2-0 win for Brandon Town over Acle edged them closer to safety in the Anglian Combination Premier Division on Saturday.
A nervy first half saw Wright miss a golden opportunity in the first minute. Town had a very good shout for a penalty turned down as the visitors looked like they were there merely to make up the numbers.
The welcome return of Adam Leamon, making his first start after knee damage, helped Town keep their first clean sheet of 2008.
Brandon went ahead just after the hour mark when Wright was pulled back when through on goal. The referee had little option to send Foreman off and Winstone duly converted the penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Edwards and Sobiechowski were both denied by good stops by the keeper.
Leamon and Sobiechowski linked down the right and the latter's cross eventually came to Hewitt, who made no mistake to secure a hard-earned three points.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Neil, 85, touches hearts after taking part in memory walk for residents
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs