Visitors left empty-handed
- Credit: Archant
With five games left to go this season, Thetford were disappointed to lose 5-2 away to Dereham IV, given they had kept the opposition’s goalkeeper busy.
Thetford had first push back and immediately put the pressure on. Sharon Brimson’s block tackle proved a goal-stopper for Thetford. Bethany Rolfe was brave and solid as always, and Leanne Smith delivered in defence for the first half.
Youngsters Hannah Spidy and Abbie Cozens worked hard in midfield. Dereham’s first goal came from a goalmouth scramble and added a second as a big hit found a goal-hanging striker.
Kathy Hammond put in a tremendous effort in the D, battling to pick up the ball from the keeper’s feet to send it home.
She clinched another from a similar move, but Dereham sent in another three after Thetford had a goal disallowed.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the match: Sharon Brimson.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told