Visitors left empty-handed
- Credit: Archant
With five games left to go this season, Thetford were disappointed to lose 5-2 away to Dereham IV, given they had kept the opposition’s goalkeeper busy.
Thetford had first push back and immediately put the pressure on. Sharon Brimson’s block tackle proved a goal-stopper for Thetford. Bethany Rolfe was brave and solid as always, and Leanne Smith delivered in defence for the first half.
Youngsters Hannah Spidy and Abbie Cozens worked hard in midfield. Dereham’s first goal came from a goalmouth scramble and added a second as a big hit found a goal-hanging striker.
Kathy Hammond put in a tremendous effort in the D, battling to pick up the ball from the keeper’s feet to send it home.
She clinched another from a similar move, but Dereham sent in another three after Thetford had a goal disallowed.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the match: Sharon Brimson.
- 1 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist