Trophy time for bowls league
Players in the Breckland Short Mat Bowls League gathered at the Wells Cole Community Centre in Saham Toney for the presentation evening.All eleven teams in the league were represented with over a hundred people sitting down for an appetising buffet meal.
Players in the Breckland Short Mat Bowls League gathered at the Wells Cole Community Centre in Saham Toney for the presentation evening.
All eleven teams in the league were represented with over a hundred people sitting down for an appetising buffet meal.
The league chairman Mike Bransby presided over the presentation of the various awards. He thanked the Watton club members for their hard work in sorting out all the evening's arrangements.
He also announced that in 2008 the October Triples event will be re-named in honour of the previous chairman Keith Banks who died last October.
You may also want to watch:
League: winners Yaxham (143 points); runners-up: Connaught A (142 points).
- 1 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 2 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 3 Couple caught at dawn dumping waste in forest
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Symptom-free Covid testing sites set to open in Thetford
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin
- 10 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
Five pairs competition: winners Connaught A (38 shots - won extra end); runners-up: Banham (38 shots).
October Triples: winners Wymondham - Peter King, Steve Phillips and Chris Mann; runners-up: Wayland - Joan Bean, Eric Frary and Jayne Frary.
Dennis Moore Tournament: singles winner: Connaught A - Lee Fallows; runner-up: Wayland - Terry Rugg.
Pairs: winners Watton - Pam and Terry Crockett; runners-up: Connaught A - Russell Hales and Sheila Bragg.
Triples: winners Connaught A - Bob Oatway, John Winup and Ray Wells; runners-up: Watton - John Hunter, Dianne Quadling and David Quadling.
Fours: winners Connaught A - Diane Adcock, Bill Adcock, Mike Parsons and Sylvia Parsons; runners-up: Hingham - Bridget Woods, Anita Ardley, Jan Higgs and John Higgs.
Shots for: winning club Connaught A (137).
League games, best winning block result: Watton 36 v 5 Hingham - John Hunter, Pam Crockett and Terry Crockett.
League match, highest overall shots: Connaught A 100 v 32 Wayland.