Trophy time for bowls league
Players in the Breckland Short Mat Bowls League gathered at the Wells Cole Community Centre in Saham Toney for the presentation evening.All eleven teams in the league were represented with over a hundred people sitting down for an appetising buffet meal.
Players in the Breckland Short Mat Bowls League gathered at the Wells Cole Community Centre in Saham Toney for the presentation evening.
All eleven teams in the league were represented with over a hundred people sitting down for an appetising buffet meal.
The league chairman Mike Bransby presided over the presentation of the various awards. He thanked the Watton club members for their hard work in sorting out all the evening's arrangements.
He also announced that in 2008 the October Triples event will be re-named in honour of the previous chairman Keith Banks who died last October.
You may also want to watch:
League: winners Yaxham (143 points); runners-up: Connaught A (142 points).
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 8 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 9 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted
Five pairs competition: winners Connaught A (38 shots - won extra end); runners-up: Banham (38 shots).
October Triples: winners Wymondham - Peter King, Steve Phillips and Chris Mann; runners-up: Wayland - Joan Bean, Eric Frary and Jayne Frary.
Dennis Moore Tournament: singles winner: Connaught A - Lee Fallows; runner-up: Wayland - Terry Rugg.
Pairs: winners Watton - Pam and Terry Crockett; runners-up: Connaught A - Russell Hales and Sheila Bragg.
Triples: winners Connaught A - Bob Oatway, John Winup and Ray Wells; runners-up: Watton - John Hunter, Dianne Quadling and David Quadling.
Fours: winners Connaught A - Diane Adcock, Bill Adcock, Mike Parsons and Sylvia Parsons; runners-up: Hingham - Bridget Woods, Anita Ardley, Jan Higgs and John Higgs.
Shots for: winning club Connaught A (137).
League games, best winning block result: Watton 36 v 5 Hingham - John Hunter, Pam Crockett and Terry Crockett.
League match, highest overall shots: Connaught A 100 v 32 Wayland.