Tough going but CC Breckland’s Mark Fairhead enjoys ride
- Credit: Davey Jones
Mark Fairhead was the only Cycling Club Breckland rider to take part in the King’s Lynn CC 25 mile time trial.
The event took part on a hot Saturday afternoon on the sporting course running from Fincham to Mundford and back, over rolling roads and dealing with a stiff breeze.
It was tough going to the Mundford turn, the return journey was much quicker but Mark rode well to finish in a time of 1-04:32. Winning the event was local rider Danial Bloy of Team Velovelocity his superb time of 53.39 was a new course record.
The following morning riders from Breckland travelled early for the VTTA 25 mile time Trial on the poplar E2/25 course near Newmarket.
Breckland’s Mark Fairhead rode well in the early part of the race to record a time of 59:31 and was pleased to get under the hour on the 25.2 mile long course. He found the conditions much tougher than expected on the out leg to Fourwentways holding only an average speed of 24.4mph. But after the initial drag from the turn his speed increased and average speed raised to 24.7 with five miles to go.
You may also want to watch:
As usual on this course the last five miles were quick. Mark covered the last five miles in 10.22 to increase his average speed to 25.4mph.
Super veteran Chris Nudds again produced a superb ride to finish in 56:17. Mick Wood rode well to finish just outside of the hour with 1-00:21. Sally Withey, a second claim member of Cycling Club Breckland, celebrated a move to her new first claim club Team Swift by riding to a personal best time of 1-02:13.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school
Riding last was the family duo of Don Saunders and Declan Davis riding their new Matrix Tandem.
They rode well to finish in 51:58.