Tough going but CC Breckland’s Mark Fairhead enjoys ride
- Credit: Davey Jones
Mark Fairhead was the only Cycling Club Breckland rider to take part in the King’s Lynn CC 25 mile time trial.
The event took part on a hot Saturday afternoon on the sporting course running from Fincham to Mundford and back, over rolling roads and dealing with a stiff breeze.
It was tough going to the Mundford turn, the return journey was much quicker but Mark rode well to finish in a time of 1-04:32. Winning the event was local rider Danial Bloy of Team Velovelocity his superb time of 53.39 was a new course record.
The following morning riders from Breckland travelled early for the VTTA 25 mile time Trial on the poplar E2/25 course near Newmarket.
Breckland’s Mark Fairhead rode well in the early part of the race to record a time of 59:31 and was pleased to get under the hour on the 25.2 mile long course. He found the conditions much tougher than expected on the out leg to Fourwentways holding only an average speed of 24.4mph. But after the initial drag from the turn his speed increased and average speed raised to 24.7 with five miles to go.
As usual on this course the last five miles were quick. Mark covered the last five miles in 10.22 to increase his average speed to 25.4mph.
Super veteran Chris Nudds again produced a superb ride to finish in 56:17. Mick Wood rode well to finish just outside of the hour with 1-00:21. Sally Withey, a second claim member of Cycling Club Breckland, celebrated a move to her new first claim club Team Swift by riding to a personal best time of 1-02:13.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Power tools stolen after van broken into
- 3 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 4 Norfolk football boss 'so proud' after inspiring player to come out
- 5 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 6 Nominations open for Thetford Business Awards 2023
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 9 Quad bike stolen from home in west Suffolk
- 10 Police examine CCTV in Thetford rape investigation
Riding last was the family duo of Don Saunders and Declan Davis riding their new Matrix Tandem.
They rode well to finish in 51:58.