Top-hole results at Thetford
Thetford Golf Club hosted the March edition of its Winter Series Pro-Am recently. On a glorious day 108 players contested the final four-ball event of this season.
Thetford Golf Club hosted the March edition of its Winter Series Pro-Am recently.
On a glorious day 108 players contested the final four-ball event of this season.
The prize table had a golf and Easter theme and winners were as follows.
Pro-Am: 1 Kevin Lovelock (Ipswich), Roger Toone (Stoke by Nayland) 68; 2 Andrew George, Carl Beynon (Ely City) 69; 3 Kevin Earp (Bury Range), Des Halil (Thetford) 69.
You may also want to watch:
Am/Am: 1 Terry Norman (Yarmouth), Trevor Cave (Eaton) 67; 2 Andrew Browne (Thetford), Mike Duley (Colchester) 67; 3 Roy Brame (Thetford), Keith Fayers (Newmarket) 69.
Pro's Medal: 1 Andrew George (Ely City) 70; 2 Roly Hitchcock (Stoke by Nayland) 71; 3 Andrew Tokley (Stoke by Nayland) 73.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 7 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
Andrew's Pro's win was a model of consistency as he reeled off 16 pars and two birdies to win by one shot from Roly Hitchcock who produced three birdies and an eagle in a six-hole stretch, climaxed with a holed iron shot on the 15th for that unlikely eagle.
Unfortunately for Roly, his score suffered on the last few holes where three shots were dropped in the last half-dozen holes.
Andrew George was forced into second place in the Pro-Am as his partner, Carl was only able to improve on one hole, their last, the 13th hole with a birdie.
Winners were Roger Toone and big hitting, Kevin Lovelock, who ignited their round with an eagle on the par five, 13th hole.
This was followed up with nett birdies by Roger on 14 and 18 as well as a nett eagle of his own on the second hole.
And finally in the Am/Am section, the returning Terry Norman showed his experience and class along with partner, Trevor Cave.
They sneaked home on countback from home player, Andrew Browne and his partner, Mike Duley.
Terry was certain that they had blown their chances of a win, having had an awesome start. They were seven under par after 11 holes and cruising.
However, bogies at the hardest hole the course, the ninth and worst still, at the birdie opportunity, Par 5, 13th hole.
However, the fact that their great start was on the final five holes of the course, where the card countback is taken worked to their advantage.
The final event of the season is on April 15 and is a singles championship event where the winners will collect some great prizes.