Three not enough for Brandon
Brandon 3, Beccles 7
BRANDON Town gave a full debut to 17-year-old Luke Browne as they tried to get their first points of the year at home to Beccles Town.
Things started well for Town as they took the lead when the keeper kicked the ball into Roy Bland.
However, despite plenty of goals to entertain, the lion’s share fell to the visitors who scored three in an eight-minute spell to assume control.
Another three from the visitors were answered before half-time when Fran Ruiz rose well to head home an excellent Green cross.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was more even although the visitors stretched their lead again, a Bland penalty after a hand-ball infringement completed the scoring.
Sixteen-year-old Charlie Stroud made a favourable impression when he came on as a sub, and the young talent in the squad bodes well for the future.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Ruiz had his best game in a Brandon shirt as the team is slowly rebuilding throughout the season.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves lost 4-2 at Saham Toney with Sam Molyneux and Craig Winstone on the scoresheet.
This week Brandon first team travel to Dersingham Rovers with a 2.30pm kick-off while the Reserves have no game this weekend.