Three not enough for Brandon
Brandon 3, Beccles 7
BRANDON Town gave a full debut to 17-year-old Luke Browne as they tried to get their first points of the year at home to Beccles Town.
Things started well for Town as they took the lead when the keeper kicked the ball into Roy Bland.
However, despite plenty of goals to entertain, the lion’s share fell to the visitors who scored three in an eight-minute spell to assume control.
Another three from the visitors were answered before half-time when Fran Ruiz rose well to head home an excellent Green cross.
The second half was more even although the visitors stretched their lead again, a Bland penalty after a hand-ball infringement completed the scoring.
Sixteen-year-old Charlie Stroud made a favourable impression when he came on as a sub, and the young talent in the squad bodes well for the future.
- 1 Bank with only 15 in-branch customers to shut down
- 2 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 3 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 7 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Truss claims UK workers need 'more graft' in leaked statement
Ruiz had his best game in a Brandon shirt as the team is slowly rebuilding throughout the season.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves lost 4-2 at Saham Toney with Sam Molyneux and Craig Winstone on the scoresheet.
This week Brandon first team travel to Dersingham Rovers with a 2.30pm kick-off while the Reserves have no game this weekend.