Thetford youngster strikes gold at Norfolk County Indoor Championships
- Credit: Submitted
There was double gold success for Thetford Athletics Club’s Cameron Try at the Norfolk County Indoor Championships, held at Lynnsport in King’s Lynn.
His day began by winning the under-13 shot put with a personal best throw of 6.58m, exactly one metre longer than the second-placed throw.
Try then followed up with a second-place finish in the long jump where he had been leading the competition with a jump of 3.80m before competitor Nikolaos Tirchineci leapt over four metres with his final jump.
However, due to the event winner coming from outside of the county, Try still ended the event as the gold medallist for the Norfolk Indoor Championships.
Try ended the day with a trio of medals, sprinting to the bronze medal with a personal best time of 9.2 seconds in the 60m sprint.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a double silver success for Isabel Smythe, beginning with a season’s best of 9.8 seconds seeing her take second in the U11 60m sprint followed by a personal best leap of 3.20m to secure silver in the long jump.
Harley Swan’s first outing in the U17 age category ended with a fourth place in the first heat of the 60m sprint, recording a personal best time of 8.5 seconds.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence