Thetford youngster strikes gold at Norfolk County Indoor Championships
- Credit: Submitted
There was double gold success for Thetford Athletics Club’s Cameron Try at the Norfolk County Indoor Championships, held at Lynnsport in King’s Lynn.
His day began by winning the under-13 shot put with a personal best throw of 6.58m, exactly one metre longer than the second-placed throw.
Try then followed up with a second-place finish in the long jump where he had been leading the competition with a jump of 3.80m before competitor Nikolaos Tirchineci leapt over four metres with his final jump.
However, due to the event winner coming from outside of the county, Try still ended the event as the gold medallist for the Norfolk Indoor Championships.
Try ended the day with a trio of medals, sprinting to the bronze medal with a personal best time of 9.2 seconds in the 60m sprint.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a double silver success for Isabel Smythe, beginning with a season’s best of 9.8 seconds seeing her take second in the U11 60m sprint followed by a personal best leap of 3.20m to secure silver in the long jump.
Harley Swan’s first outing in the U17 age category ended with a fourth place in the first heat of the 60m sprint, recording a personal best time of 8.5 seconds.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in