Thetford Town turn on the style as Swaffham are left clicking heels
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Town went goal crazy for the second weekend in succession on Saturday as they hammered FC Clacton 6-2 at Mundford Road.
After beating Hadleigh United 9-0 at home last weekend, the Brecklanders treated their home support to another superb attacking display in an convincing win over the Essex side.
Andrew Wood helped himself to a hat-trick for Town, who also drew with 0-0 with Great Yarmouth in midweek, while Robbie Priddle, Max Melanson and Ben Anderson were also on the scoresheet.
Town’s mini revival, which followed a barren run of just one win in 10 league games, has propelled them up to 14th in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division table ahead of Saturday’s trip to second from bottom Ipswich Wanderers.
The cold snap saw up good number of matches being called off at the weekend, including Swaffham Town’s scheduled trip to Halstead Town in Division One, which would have seen the Pedlars going for a 12th straight league win.
You may also want to watch:
With the reserve fixture against Beccles Caxton at Shoemakers Lane also being postponed pride of place went to the high-flying young Pedlars who despite not turning in their best display still did enough to bring the points home on a cold evening.
The Under-18s were in midweek action and maintainedg their lead at the top of the Thurlow Nunn Youth North Division with a 2-0 win at third placed Sheringham, with Harvey Neale and Korben Willis catching the eye.
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 10 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
This week they continue their campaign with a trip to Youngs Park to play Aylsham hoping to improve or at least maintain their 11 point advantage at the top.
Swaffham Town’s in-form first team return to action on Saturday with a home game against Debenham LC, who they will be meeting for the third time this season, weather permitting.
The visitors overcame Town 3-2 in cup action earlier in the campaign but the goal hungry Pedlars won the away meeting 3-1 last month.
Swaffham Reserves travel to Hunstanton to meet Redgate Rangers which is always a tough battle.