Thetford Town lose nine-goal thriller
Thetford Town played their part in a nine goal thriller at Brantham, losing 6-3.
Town, with nine players who had faced Kings Lynn two days earlier, were 2-0 down at the interval to a Brantham side whose long ball game worked well in the heavy conditions.
They went behind on 23 minutes when a Josh Mayhew cross was headed in by Alex Drennan. Six minutes later Ben Deacon made it 2-0.
Tom Drew pulled one back for Town soon after the interval but they were then rocked by three goals in seven minutes from Lee Grimwood, Ben Wake (own goal) and Deacon.
Town kept fighting and made it 5-2 John Curtis headed in from a corner
You may also want to watch:
But Mayhew added a sixth for Brantham before Ryan Skipp completed the scoring – though Brantham missed a penalty in the closing minutes.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault
- 10 ‘I don’t trust this area’: Local people react after sex assault on teenager