Thetford Town lose nine-goal thriller
Thetford Town played their part in a nine goal thriller at Brantham, losing 6-3.
Town, with nine players who had faced Kings Lynn two days earlier, were 2-0 down at the interval to a Brantham side whose long ball game worked well in the heavy conditions.
They went behind on 23 minutes when a Josh Mayhew cross was headed in by Alex Drennan. Six minutes later Ben Deacon made it 2-0.
Tom Drew pulled one back for Town soon after the interval but they were then rocked by three goals in seven minutes from Lee Grimwood, Ben Wake (own goal) and Deacon.
Town kept fighting and made it 5-2 John Curtis headed in from a corner
But Mayhew added a sixth for Brantham before Ryan Skipp completed the scoring – though Brantham missed a penalty in the closing minutes.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 6 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 7 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout