Thetford Town get walk-over into first round of FA Vase
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Thetford Town were left clicking their heels on Saturday when their scheduled FA Vase opponents decided not to travel.
Danny White’s side were expecting to play host to Oakham United in the second qualifying round of the national competition but were informed during the week that the ChromaSports United Counties League outfit would be unable to raise a team for the game.
That meant Town had a walk-over into the first round proper and they were handed a home draw on Monday, with the winners of this week’s replay between Debenham LC and Great Yarmouth Town visiting Mundford Road on Saturday, October 21. The two sides fought out a 1-1 draw at the Wellesley at the weekend.
Winning clubs in the first round will receive £825 while losing clubs will receive £275 from the FA’s prize fund.
Local draws: Wisbech St Mary v Whitton United, Norwich CBS v Oxhey Jets, Thetford Town v Great Yarmouth Town or Debenham LC, Wisbech Town v Felixstowe & Walton United.
You may also want to watch:
Town return to league action on Saturday with a home match against Stowmarket (3pm). They then make the journey to the coast on Tuesday evening to take on a Kirkley and Pakefield side who have won just one of their opening 10 league matches (7.45pm).
Watton United were beaten 5-0 at top flight St Andrews in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup on Saturday. They are without a match on Saturday.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
Meanwhile Thetford Bulldogs FC are looking for players and a coach for their U12 team and also need some more players for the U14s. They could have a second U7 team but need a coach first while the girls U16s need another couple of players. For more information contact Ed on 07709 469869 or Kirsty on 07771 744437.
Thetford Bulldog Belles U16 played away to Stalham Youth and after two defeats won 11-1 to get their first win of the season. With just 10 players due to holidays, illness and injuries the Belles turned in a fine performance.
Clare scored the first goal, Kamilla got the second and Ineta made it three, Stalham then scored to make it 3-1 at half-time.
After the break Kamilla got her second and third goals while Clare got her second after an own goal had increased the lead.
Kamilla later took her tally to five before Courtney and Ineta completed the scoring.