Thetford Town get set for season
Thetford Town FC have started their pre-season training and a good squad of players from last season attended the session. A club spokesman said: “All the players have signed for the coming season except Simon Mann, who we would like to wish all the best.
Thetford Town FC have started their pre-season training and a good squad of players from last season attended the session.
A club spokesman said: “All the players have signed for the coming season except Simon Mann, who we would like to wish all the best.”
The club have strengthened the squad with the signing of Dave Richards from Thetford Athletic and Ricky Cornish from Team Bury.
Town have some strong pre-season friendlies with the first on Wednesday, July 21 against Newmarket Town (7.45pm kick-off), then followed by Mildenhall Town on Tuesday, July 27 and on Thursday, July 29 they host newly-promoted Needham Market (both are 7.45pm kick-offs).
Town then travel to Haughley United on July 31, ko 2.30pm.
Town have been drawn away to Whitton United in the FA Cup to be played on August 14.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 More F-35 squadrons to be stationed in Suffolk to boost US presence
- 3 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 4 Remarkable life of the Duleep Singhs explored in new exhibition
- 5 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 6 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 7 What the average Norfolk house price can buy you in the county's towns
- 8 Suffolk records sunniest June in nearly 50 years
- 9 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 10 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
In the FA Vase, Thetford are at home to Rothwell Corinthians which is to be played on September 4.
Town are holding a clean-up day on Sunday, August 1 from 9.30pm, all volunteers welcome - food and drink will be provided.
Town are selling season tickets this season with adults paying �63 and OAPs �28 which includes membership.
Contact Bob Richards on 01842 764282 for more information.