Thetford Town get back to fray
THETFORD TOWN return to action after a week off on Saturday with a trip to Wivenhoe in the Premier Division of the Nunn Thurlow League.
The Brecklanders marked their return to the top flight with a 1-1 draw against the Essex side in August.
Since then, neither club has managed to put together a run of positive results with Thetford’s last game a frustrating 2-1 defeat to Ely, who snatched the points with a last minute goal. Wivenhoe, by contrast, go into Saturday’s game on the back of a 3-0 win over Woodbridge.
Next Tuesday Thetford turn their attention to the Red Sure League Cup with a home game against Norwich United (kick-off 7.45pm).
With no first team game at the weekend it was left to the reserves to take centre stage, and they recorded their first league win.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Barker and Valta Rocha scored the goals in a 2-1 victory over Maldon & Tiptree – with the winner coming in the last minute.
This Saturday Thetford Reserves entertain Heybridge Swifts (3pm kick off. The Under-18s are at home on Monday, against Holt United (7.45pm).
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs