Thetford Town get back to fray
THETFORD TOWN return to action after a week off on Saturday with a trip to Wivenhoe in the Premier Division of the Nunn Thurlow League.
The Brecklanders marked their return to the top flight with a 1-1 draw against the Essex side in August.
Since then, neither club has managed to put together a run of positive results with Thetford’s last game a frustrating 2-1 defeat to Ely, who snatched the points with a last minute goal. Wivenhoe, by contrast, go into Saturday’s game on the back of a 3-0 win over Woodbridge.
Next Tuesday Thetford turn their attention to the Red Sure League Cup with a home game against Norwich United (kick-off 7.45pm).
With no first team game at the weekend it was left to the reserves to take centre stage, and they recorded their first league win.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Barker and Valta Rocha scored the goals in a 2-1 victory over Maldon & Tiptree – with the winner coming in the last minute.
This Saturday Thetford Reserves entertain Heybridge Swifts (3pm kick off. The Under-18s are at home on Monday, against Holt United (7.45pm).
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash