Thetford Town FC all set for Vase
Thetford Town entertain Walsham-le-Willows in the second qualifying round of the FA Carlsberg Vase, on Saturday 3pm kick-off.
Thetford Town 0, Godmanchester Rovers 0
After Town’s win in the FA Vase at Rothwell in midweek it was back to league action with Godmanchester Rovers the visitors.
Town got under way with a Jones effort in the early minutes just going wide.
Town had most of the early play and Dixon brought a good save from the keeper on 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Godmanchester had their moments and should have taken the lead when the offside trap was beaten but Bowden saved well.
Some strange refereeing decisions stopped the game from flowing.
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
Town had a good chance on 25 minutes when good work from Scott saw his cross headed wide by Haynes.
The visiting keeper was the busier in the first half and made a good saves on two occasions, both from Dixon efforts.
The early stages of the second half saw play go from end to end.
On 60 minutes a good ball by Jones into the box just eluded the front players.
Bruno saw his first-time shot well saved by the keeper and then Bowden went full length to save.
But it was Town that finished the stronger with a Thompson header just over and then the visiting keeper making two excellent saves just before the end to make sure the game finished goalless.
Team: Bowden, Joseph, Thompson, Bailey, Haynes (Piggott), Jones, Tanti (Richards), Howard, Scott (Turner), Dixon, Tavares.