Thetford Town FC all set for Vase
Thetford Town entertain Walsham-le-Willows in the second qualifying round of the FA Carlsberg Vase, on Saturday 3pm kick-off.
Thetford Town 0, Godmanchester Rovers 0
After Town’s win in the FA Vase at Rothwell in midweek it was back to league action with Godmanchester Rovers the visitors.
Town got under way with a Jones effort in the early minutes just going wide.
Town had most of the early play and Dixon brought a good save from the keeper on 15 minutes.
Godmanchester had their moments and should have taken the lead when the offside trap was beaten but Bowden saved well.
Some strange refereeing decisions stopped the game from flowing.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 3 More F-35 squadrons to be stationed in Suffolk to boost US presence
- 4 Remarkable life of the Duleep Singhs explored in new exhibition
- 5 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 6 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 7 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 8 What the average Norfolk house price can buy you in the county's towns
- 9 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 10 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
Town had a good chance on 25 minutes when good work from Scott saw his cross headed wide by Haynes.
The visiting keeper was the busier in the first half and made a good saves on two occasions, both from Dixon efforts.
The early stages of the second half saw play go from end to end.
On 60 minutes a good ball by Jones into the box just eluded the front players.
Bruno saw his first-time shot well saved by the keeper and then Bowden went full length to save.
But it was Town that finished the stronger with a Thompson header just over and then the visiting keeper making two excellent saves just before the end to make sure the game finished goalless.
Team: Bowden, Joseph, Thompson, Bailey, Haynes (Piggott), Jones, Tanti (Richards), Howard, Scott (Turner), Dixon, Tavares.