Framlingham Town 2 Thetford Town 3: Battling Thetford claim second straight victory
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Town twice fought back from a goal down to claim a battling 3-2 win at bottom side Framlingham Town on Saturday.
A second successive win victory Town up to 15th in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division - after a run of six defeats on the trot had seen them slip too close to the relegation zone for comfort.
Framlingham took a 16th minute lead at the weekend but the visitors hit back seven minutes later when Bradley Sandell fired home from 20 yards.
The hosts restored their lead five minutes into the second half only for Town to hit back almost immediately as Harry Hutt nodded home Sandell’s cross.
The decisive goal came in the 74th minute as Matt Morton provided the cross for Robbie Priddle head past the Framlingham keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford take a break from league action on Saturday when they travel up the A11 to take on Wymondham Town from the top flight of the Anglian Combination in the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup (1.30pm kick-off).
The two sides met in the competition at the same stage last season, with Wymondham claiming a surprise 2-1 win after extra-time.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school
Without eight first team players through injury and unavailability Thetford Rovers scored a late equaliser to draw 2-2 against lowly North Walsham at Euston in Division One of the Anglian Combination.
On five minutes North Walsham broke and their striker put in a great shot from 25 yards which Kittick did well to save.
Dean and Hemming both had good chances before Rovers took the lead just before the break when the ball fell to Haylett and he buried it.
Rovers kicked off the second half trying to build on the lead but in the 64th minute North Walsham equalised from a loose ball and after a poor clearance they took the lead on 77 minutes.
Rovers were now getting desperate and Dean took a free-kick on 86 minutes which looked to be going in but the keeper blocked it. In the last minute Rovers snatched a draw as Luke Woods beat his defender and crossed for Hemming to equalise.
Lewis Ward and Alfie Cooper both played well on their debuts in a game sponsored by Homeflame.
In the same section promotion-chasing Mundford suffered a painful 4-0 defeat at UEA while Watton went down 3-2 at home to East Harling.