Thetford Town slip to their sixth defeat on the trot
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Thetford Town slipped into the bottom three of the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division after going down 3-1 at Woodbridge Town at the weekend.
It was a sixth straight defeat for Danny White’s side who will now be looking to get back to winning ways on Saturday when they welcome Gorleston to Mundford Road (3pm).
Town were boosted before the game by the returns to the club of Nathan Clarke and Elliot Gibson, and went on to give a decent account of themselves against their in-form Suffolk hosts.
It was goalless at half-time, but a well struck volley from Jake Green put Woodbridge ahead just after the break and Mark Ray tapped in to make it 2-0 just after the hour mark.
Thetford were back in it on 68 minutes when top scorer Valter Rocha nodded home a cross from recent signing Harry Hutt. But two minutes later Ryan Keeble bundled the ball home from close range to restore the home side’s two goal advantage and that’s the way it stayed.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Town: Viner, S Bond, Bailey, Steed, Clarke, Morton, Sandell, Smith, V Rocha, Gibson, Hutt. Subs: Priddle, C Rocha, C Bond, Coomber-Willis.
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 10 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need