Thetford Town slip to their sixth defeat on the trot
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Thetford Town slipped into the bottom three of the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division after going down 3-1 at Woodbridge Town at the weekend.
It was a sixth straight defeat for Danny White’s side who will now be looking to get back to winning ways on Saturday when they welcome Gorleston to Mundford Road (3pm).
Town were boosted before the game by the returns to the club of Nathan Clarke and Elliot Gibson, and went on to give a decent account of themselves against their in-form Suffolk hosts.
It was goalless at half-time, but a well struck volley from Jake Green put Woodbridge ahead just after the break and Mark Ray tapped in to make it 2-0 just after the hour mark.
Thetford were back in it on 68 minutes when top scorer Valter Rocha nodded home a cross from recent signing Harry Hutt. But two minutes later Ryan Keeble bundled the ball home from close range to restore the home side’s two goal advantage and that’s the way it stayed.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Town: Viner, S Bond, Bailey, Steed, Clarke, Morton, Sandell, Smith, V Rocha, Gibson, Hutt. Subs: Priddle, C Rocha, C Bond, Coomber-Willis.
- 1 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Teen appears in court charged with sexual assault on girl in Thetford