Thetford Town claim local bragging rights with big victory over Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
Local bragging rights were secured by Thetford Town in another impressive performance from Danny White’s side.
The Brecklanders thrashed Swaffham 6-2 at Mundford Road to move up to 17th in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division table and win their third match in four games.
Ian Fancett opened the scoring in the 22nd minute and Robbie Priddle doubled the score 14 minutes later.
The game was back on three minutes from the break when Damian Skolorzynski brought the score back to 2-1 with a classy finish for the visitors.
The home side came out from the break all guns blazing and scored their third goal four minutes into the new half through Fancett, who then scored a free-kick in the 60th minute to complete his hat-trick, before Ryan Pearson made it 5-1 four minutes later. Jack Defty got his name on the score-sheet for the Pedlars, heading home from six yards, in the 66th minute but Thetford put their icing on the cake in the 77th minute when Olly Standley made it 6-2.
You may also want to watch:
The only defeat in the last four games was a narrow 3-2 home loss to runaway leaders Norwich United, as White continues to make rapid progress, having taken over from Mark Scott in mid-October.
“When I first took over there was a massive mountain to climb because we had to play Stanway, Norwich United and Felixstowe, who are all top-four sides, so it was always going to be difficult,” the former King’s Lynn midfielder said.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 6 US Air Force issues warning over increased flying this week
- 7 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 10 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
“But the lads have been different class, they’ve listened, worked hard in training, taken everything on board and we’re starting to look better.”
• The Brecklanders made the short trip to Mildenhall in the Premier Division last night and fell to a 4-0 defeat. On Saturday they host Ipswich Wanderers, who sit four points and two places better off then Thetford in the table.