Thetford Town celebrating incredible 9-0 home win
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Thetford Town got their Thurlow Nunn Premier Division campaign back on track in spectacular fashion on Saturday when they hammered visitors Hadleigh United 9-0.
Town went into the match at Mundford Road in indifferent form, having won just one league match since the beginning of September.
That was a 6-0 home victory over struggling Wivenhoe on November 4 and Danny White’s side comfortably bettered that scoreline against a team who are only just below them in the table.
After cruising into a 3-0 lead at half-time Thetford really went to town at the beginning of the second period, scoring five goals in 15 minutes to turn a comfortable win into a rout.
The scoring was completed with a late own goal as the hosts only narrowly failed to reach double figures.
You may also want to watch:
Max Melanson led the goal rush with a hat-trick while Robbie Priddle and Andrew Wood scored twice and Ben Anderson was also on target.
Thetford Town: Will Viner, Sam Bond, Luke Bailey, Ross Bailey, Dane Coomber-Willis, Matt Morton, Bradley Sandall, Max Melanson, Andrew Wood, Robbie Priddle, Ben Anderson. Subs used: Ross Beech, Joao Neves, Alex Snow.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school
Town will be aiming to keep up the good work on Saturday when they welcome mid-table FC Clacton to Mundford Road for another league game (3pm).
Elsewhere in the Premier Division Connor Ingram and Shaun Taylor were on target in Wroxham’s 2-0 win at Ipswich Wanderers and Kirkley & Pakefield won 2-1 at Stowmarket through goals from Liam Harvey-Cooper and Lewis Hammond.
Great Yarmouth Town lost 2-1 at home to Haverhill Rovers despite Mitch Forbes’ strike whilst Fakenham went down to a 2-0 loss at Stanway Rovers.
Norwich CBS from Division One booked their place in the fourth round of the FA Vase with a superb 3-2 win at United Counties League side Yaxley.
Gorleston bowed out after a 4-2 loss at home to Leighton Town while Wisbech Town, who won 4-1 at Thetford in the previous round, returned from Racing Club Warwick with a 2-0 victory.