Thetford Town celebrating incredible 9-0 home win
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Thetford Town got their Thurlow Nunn Premier Division campaign back on track in spectacular fashion on Saturday when they hammered visitors Hadleigh United 9-0.
Town went into the match at Mundford Road in indifferent form, having won just one league match since the beginning of September.
That was a 6-0 home victory over struggling Wivenhoe on November 4 and Danny White’s side comfortably bettered that scoreline against a team who are only just below them in the table.
After cruising into a 3-0 lead at half-time Thetford really went to town at the beginning of the second period, scoring five goals in 15 minutes to turn a comfortable win into a rout.
The scoring was completed with a late own goal as the hosts only narrowly failed to reach double figures.
You may also want to watch:
Max Melanson led the goal rush with a hat-trick while Robbie Priddle and Andrew Wood scored twice and Ben Anderson was also on target.
Thetford Town: Will Viner, Sam Bond, Luke Bailey, Ross Bailey, Dane Coomber-Willis, Matt Morton, Bradley Sandall, Max Melanson, Andrew Wood, Robbie Priddle, Ben Anderson. Subs used: Ross Beech, Joao Neves, Alex Snow.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 9 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 10 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
Town will be aiming to keep up the good work on Saturday when they welcome mid-table FC Clacton to Mundford Road for another league game (3pm).
Elsewhere in the Premier Division Connor Ingram and Shaun Taylor were on target in Wroxham’s 2-0 win at Ipswich Wanderers and Kirkley & Pakefield won 2-1 at Stowmarket through goals from Liam Harvey-Cooper and Lewis Hammond.
Great Yarmouth Town lost 2-1 at home to Haverhill Rovers despite Mitch Forbes’ strike whilst Fakenham went down to a 2-0 loss at Stanway Rovers.
Norwich CBS from Division One booked their place in the fourth round of the FA Vase with a superb 3-2 win at United Counties League side Yaxley.
Gorleston bowed out after a 4-2 loss at home to Leighton Town while Wisbech Town, who won 4-1 at Thetford in the previous round, returned from Racing Club Warwick with a 2-0 victory.