Thetford Town book place in quarter-finals of Norfolk Senior Cup
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Thetford Town moved confidently into the last eight of the Norfolk Senior Cup with a 3-0 win over Anglian Combination outfit Scole United at Mundford Road.
The Brecklanders put memories of the previous week’s disappointing FA Vase defeat by Wisbech behind them by moving to within two victories of night out at Carrow Road.
Goals from Robbie Priddle (2) and Andrew Wood settled the tie and Thetford will now be awaiting Friday evening’s quarter-final draw on Radio Norfolk with interest.
They return to Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division action on Saturday when they make the trip to a Coggeshall Town side who are third in the table after winning 13 of their 16 league games so far. Town then travel to Kirkley and Pakefield on Tuesday evening for a League Cup tie.
Senior clubs escaped embarrassment in the Senior Cup – but Wymondham Town celebrated a shock result.
The Anglian Combination First Division side came away from Premier League Mulbarton Wanderers with a 2-1 win and a place in the quarter-finals. Jamie Smith scored for the home side but goals from Liam Moriarty and Daniel Mace gave the visitors the win.
Mundford pushed higher league Wroxham all the way, but finally fell to a 3-2 home defeat. Ian Fancett and Alby Matthews scored for the hosts, with Jordan Bond (2) and Tom Matthews for Wroxham.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 2 Two people taken to hospital after van rolls over in Lynford crash
- 3 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 4 Tesco supermarket in Brandon reopens after cash machines ram raid
- 5 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 6 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 7 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 10 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
Great Yarmouth had to dig deep into their squad but were too strong for Yelverton, winning 3-0 while Downham were also 3-0 winners, beating visiting Norwich Ceyms.
Watton United recorded an excellent 5-1 win at Hoveton Wherrymen in Division One of the Anglian Combination,
They knew they were going to be in for a battle and managers Chick Childerhouse and Wilky Wilkins made sure they were up for it
Josh Macann came back into the side as did Rob Darrell while assistant coach and sponsor Richard Spillman was on the bench with the returning Sam Bray.
Ty Bond led the way for the visitors with a hat-trick while Kevin Bloomfield scored twice.
Watton moved up to 11th in the table, eight points clear of the drop zone, as a result of the big win. They are at home to an in-form Aylsham side on Saturday.