Thetford Town aim to bounce back
Thetford Town play on Friday night this week instead of the traditional Saturday, visiting Halstead Town with a 7.45pm kick-off.
They will want to bounce back from the heavy defeat by Saffron Walden the previous weekend.
Thetford Town 0, Saffron Walden 4
Thetford started the better team with early pressure but no real finish in front of goal.
But it was Saffron Walden who took the lead on 13 minutes when the ball was not cleared from defence and Laird took advantage to score.
Town could not find their passing game, but Howard had a good effort just wide on 20 minutes.
Saffron Walden increased their lead on 23 minutes when Das scored from close range. Town rallied and a spell of pressure saw them mount pressure on the Walden defence, but once again defensive frailties saw Walden score two further goals before half-time.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 3 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 4 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 5 Driver who altered date on expired Blue Badge ordered to pay out £3,500
- 6 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 7 'People won't be able to afford to eat' - Locals warn Truss on living costs
- 8 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 9 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 10 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
Town had early second-half pressure and should have pulled a goal back when the keeper made a double save from Howard, only to see Dixon hit over from close range.
The game went from end to end but the Town defence held firm to deny Walden any further goals. Just before the end a good Dixon turn and shot saw the keeper save well.
Team: Bowden, Joseph, Mann, Richards, Tanti (McCartney), Howard, Clayton, Bolton, Bruno, Scott, Dixon.
On Monday, Thetford Town U18 host Woodbridge Town, 7.45pm kick-off.
Meanwhile, the strength and experience of Whitton side proved too much for Thetford’s Division One neighbours Swaffham Town in Ridgeons Division One, losing 5-0.
A disappointing result, but there was still encouraging and pleasant football from a Swaffham side growing in enthusiasm and experience.
The Pedlars next travel to Stowmarket Town in Ridgeons Divisioin One on Saturday, 3pm kick-off.
The Reserves are at home to Marlingford 2pm kick off and the A Team are also at home, to Shipdham, 2pm kick-off.