Thetford Town aim to bounce back
Thetford Town play on Friday night this week instead of the traditional Saturday, visiting Halstead Town with a 7.45pm kick-off.
They will want to bounce back from the heavy defeat by Saffron Walden the previous weekend.
Thetford Town 0, Saffron Walden 4
Thetford started the better team with early pressure but no real finish in front of goal.
But it was Saffron Walden who took the lead on 13 minutes when the ball was not cleared from defence and Laird took advantage to score.
You may also want to watch:
Town could not find their passing game, but Howard had a good effort just wide on 20 minutes.
Saffron Walden increased their lead on 23 minutes when Das scored from close range. Town rallied and a spell of pressure saw them mount pressure on the Walden defence, but once again defensive frailties saw Walden score two further goals before half-time.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 7 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
Town had early second-half pressure and should have pulled a goal back when the keeper made a double save from Howard, only to see Dixon hit over from close range.
The game went from end to end but the Town defence held firm to deny Walden any further goals. Just before the end a good Dixon turn and shot saw the keeper save well.
Team: Bowden, Joseph, Mann, Richards, Tanti (McCartney), Howard, Clayton, Bolton, Bruno, Scott, Dixon.
On Monday, Thetford Town U18 host Woodbridge Town, 7.45pm kick-off.
Meanwhile, the strength and experience of Whitton side proved too much for Thetford’s Division One neighbours Swaffham Town in Ridgeons Division One, losing 5-0.
A disappointing result, but there was still encouraging and pleasant football from a Swaffham side growing in enthusiasm and experience.
The Pedlars next travel to Stowmarket Town in Ridgeons Divisioin One on Saturday, 3pm kick-off.
The Reserves are at home to Marlingford 2pm kick off and the A Team are also at home, to Shipdham, 2pm kick-off.