Thetford Tennis juniors battle to a draw
THETFORD TENNIS CLUB Juniors visited Ipswich Juniors for their first ever competitive friendly match and came away with a deserved 3-3 draw.
With a doubles and singles format James Darton and Lewis Sayers got Thetford off to the perfect start by winning 6-2, 6-4 win.
Daniel Canham opened the singles matches and had a comfortable 6-0, 6-2 win but Josh Chamberlain was unfortunate to be drawn against Ipswich’s number one and found him too strong, losing 0-6, 0-6.
James played his first singles match and had to play well and fight hard to earn a 6-4, 7-6 win.
Lewis also had a tough match in his singles and fought well but eventually went down in a fantastic game 4-6, 5-7.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel and Josh completed the match and were unlucky to lose 4-6, 0-6. All in all a good performance and a lot of encouraging signs for the future and nice to see the parents giving their support to the boys.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in