Thetford sunk by late goal in see-saw battle
- Credit: Archant
Thetford’s losing streak continued at Ipswich East Suffolk IV as they went down 4-3.
A number of short corners were earned by the visitors in the first half but only one was converted, by Reece Laffar.
IES on the other hand had put two on the scoresheet by half-time, although Kieren Allan had another good game in goal for Thetford as his defence looked a little uncertain at times.
The second half saw a more assured team effort by Thetford and some quality inter-passing and approach play forced a number of fine saves.
Josh Harpur and William Rolfe were impressive through the middle while James Burt and Joe Clarke provided options down the right. The home side made it 3-1 but Thetford never gave up and forced another series of penalty corners from which Laffar converted twice.
You may also want to watch:
A draw looked the likely result until the home side scored their fourth with five minutes to go.
- 1 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 2 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 3 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 4 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 5 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 6 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 7 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 8 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 9 Start date for phase two of 5,000-home development, after land bought near A11
- 10 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'