Thetford sunk by late goal in see-saw battle
- Credit: Archant
Thetford’s losing streak continued at Ipswich East Suffolk IV as they went down 4-3.
A number of short corners were earned by the visitors in the first half but only one was converted, by Reece Laffar.
IES on the other hand had put two on the scoresheet by half-time, although Kieren Allan had another good game in goal for Thetford as his defence looked a little uncertain at times.
The second half saw a more assured team effort by Thetford and some quality inter-passing and approach play forced a number of fine saves.
Josh Harpur and William Rolfe were impressive through the middle while James Burt and Joe Clarke provided options down the right. The home side made it 3-1 but Thetford never gave up and forced another series of penalty corners from which Laffar converted twice.
You may also want to watch:
A draw looked the likely result until the home side scored their fourth with five minutes to go.
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 9 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 10 A11 reopens after pigs escaped onto road