Thetford sides draw
Every player put 100 per cent into this cracking hockey game as Thetford Ladies drew 2-2 with Lowestoft Railway. Much of play at the start was in Thetford's attacking half, with strikers Kathy Hammond and Davina Rolph seeing the ball often.
Every player put 100 per cent into this cracking hockey game as Thetford Ladies drew 2-2 with Lowestoft Railway.
Much of play at the start was in Thetford's attacking half, with strikers Kathy Hammond and Davina Rolph seeing the ball often.
PoM Ziggi Clark, on her debut, took a free pass to find Tracey Newman, who scored. Then Thetford left themselves open to attack and Railway scored twice.
Thetford battled back as Charlie Harwood, Sarah Nichol and Clark nullified any right-wing attack with some excellent stops and interceptions.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Hodgkinson kept up the attacks on goal, finding some great form on her passes up into goal. The home side levelled from a short corner, with Clark scoring from a good slip pass.
Thetford Ladies II continue their strong start to the season with a well-deserved 0-0 draw against Magpies VI.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
Alena Sweigart and Louisa Taylor were keeping the ball well out of the D. Magpies had chances with penalty corners with Simone Bull putting pressure on the attack and Louise Harrison made a phenomenal stop on the line. Good positioning from Emily Heather and good runs from Leanne Smith meant that they could carry the ball up and take a chance at goal.
Tracey Newman was putting in some fantastic crosses, supported by Abbie Rolph up front who hassled the defenders.
A strong midfield of Ziggi Clarke and Sarah Nichol kept the chances coming for Thetford.