Thetford sides draw
Every player put 100 per cent into this cracking hockey game as Thetford Ladies drew 2-2 with Lowestoft Railway. Much of play at the start was in Thetford's attacking half, with strikers Kathy Hammond and Davina Rolph seeing the ball often.
Every player put 100 per cent into this cracking hockey game as Thetford Ladies drew 2-2 with Lowestoft Railway.
Much of play at the start was in Thetford's attacking half, with strikers Kathy Hammond and Davina Rolph seeing the ball often.
PoM Ziggi Clark, on her debut, took a free pass to find Tracey Newman, who scored. Then Thetford left themselves open to attack and Railway scored twice.
Thetford battled back as Charlie Harwood, Sarah Nichol and Clark nullified any right-wing attack with some excellent stops and interceptions.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Hodgkinson kept up the attacks on goal, finding some great form on her passes up into goal. The home side levelled from a short corner, with Clark scoring from a good slip pass.
Thetford Ladies II continue their strong start to the season with a well-deserved 0-0 draw against Magpies VI.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 7 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
Alena Sweigart and Louisa Taylor were keeping the ball well out of the D. Magpies had chances with penalty corners with Simone Bull putting pressure on the attack and Louise Harrison made a phenomenal stop on the line. Good positioning from Emily Heather and good runs from Leanne Smith meant that they could carry the ball up and take a chance at goal.
Tracey Newman was putting in some fantastic crosses, supported by Abbie Rolph up front who hassled the defenders.
A strong midfield of Ziggi Clarke and Sarah Nichol kept the chances coming for Thetford.