Thetford set for Vase test
Gorleston 3, Thetford Town 0Thetford Town, who this week host Rothwell Corithians in the FA Vase (ko 3pm), travelled to Gorleston looking to gain some much-needed points but ended up returning empty handed.
Gorleston 3, Thetford Town 0
Thetford Town, who this week host Rothwell Corithians in the FA Vase (ko 3pm), travelled to Gorleston looking to gain some much-needed points but ended up returning empty handed.
Thetford started quite well and could have taken an early lead when Dixon should have lobbed the advancing keeper but shot wide instead.
Gorleston looked sharp on the break and Bowden in the Town goal needed to be alert.
Dixon then had a volley cleared with Kedian having a long-range shot tipped over, but Town could do nothing with the corner.
Gorleston took the lead on 18 minutes when quick passing saw them behind the Town defence for Forbes to run on and score.
- 1 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 2 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 3 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 8 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Town tried to reply but poor passing saw Gorleston have more of the ball.
A great effort on 25 minutes saw a long-range effort tipped onto the bar and cleared.
Then Bowden, in the Town goal, made a double save to stop Gorleston increasing their lead.
A late effort from Blake saw Town go into the break a goal behind.
The half-time score was 1-0 to the Greens.
The second half saw Gorleston with some early chances and with Town unable to string any sort of passing together.
It was no surprise when Gorleston increased their lead on 78 minutes.
When the ball did not get cleared it finally fell to Sandford who gave Bowden no chance.
Town conceded a third just before the end to finish a very disappointing effort.
Thetford: Bowden, Money, Thompson, Bailey, Blake, Kedian, Tanti (Piggott). Howard. Scott, Woods, Dixon.
Meanwhile, Thetford's local Ridgeons rivals Swaffham got their first points of the season - by drawing with unbeaten leaders Long Melford on Saturday afternoon.
Next up for the Pedlars is a visit to Team Bury this Saturday.