Thetford set for Vase test
Gorleston 3, Thetford Town 0Thetford Town, who this week host Rothwell Corithians in the FA Vase (ko 3pm), travelled to Gorleston looking to gain some much-needed points but ended up returning empty handed.
Gorleston 3, Thetford Town 0
Thetford Town, who this week host Rothwell Corithians in the FA Vase (ko 3pm), travelled to Gorleston looking to gain some much-needed points but ended up returning empty handed.
Thetford started quite well and could have taken an early lead when Dixon should have lobbed the advancing keeper but shot wide instead.
Gorleston looked sharp on the break and Bowden in the Town goal needed to be alert.
Dixon then had a volley cleared with Kedian having a long-range shot tipped over, but Town could do nothing with the corner.
Gorleston took the lead on 18 minutes when quick passing saw them behind the Town defence for Forbes to run on and score.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
Town tried to reply but poor passing saw Gorleston have more of the ball.
A great effort on 25 minutes saw a long-range effort tipped onto the bar and cleared.
Then Bowden, in the Town goal, made a double save to stop Gorleston increasing their lead.
A late effort from Blake saw Town go into the break a goal behind.
The half-time score was 1-0 to the Greens.
The second half saw Gorleston with some early chances and with Town unable to string any sort of passing together.
It was no surprise when Gorleston increased their lead on 78 minutes.
When the ball did not get cleared it finally fell to Sandford who gave Bowden no chance.
Town conceded a third just before the end to finish a very disappointing effort.
Thetford: Bowden, Money, Thompson, Bailey, Blake, Kedian, Tanti (Piggott). Howard. Scott, Woods, Dixon.
Meanwhile, Thetford's local Ridgeons rivals Swaffham got their first points of the season - by drawing with unbeaten leaders Long Melford on Saturday afternoon.
Next up for the Pedlars is a visit to Team Bury this Saturday.