Thetford’s spirit earns point
Thetford 2 Stowmarket 2
Thetford Town launched a spirited late fightback to claim a draw at home to high-flying Stowmarket.
The hosts were soon under pressure with an early attempt from Stow going just over the bar.
Town countered with a Mann run and effort then Blake sent a long range effort wide, before Stowmarket had a free-kick on the edge of the box but the shot was high.
Stowmarket took the lead on 17 minutes when an angled shot from Proctor could not be saved by Bowden. Town replied with another Blake effort which failed to beat the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
On 22 minutes Stowmarket were awarded a penalty which was well saved by Bowden.
But Town went further behind on 28 minutes when a shot from Wake found the top corner.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 3 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 4 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 5 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 6 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 7 Neil, 85, touches hearts after taking part in memory walk for residents
- 8 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
Town finished the half well but went into the break 2-0 down.
Dixon had an early second half effort saved by the keeper, before Stowmarket saw an effort come back off the bar. Town started to get more into the game and good play between Blake and Dixon saw a Jones effort go just wide.
With 15 minutes to go Town were awarded a penalty which Dixon steeped up to convert and within six minutes the hardworking Joseph ran into the box and shot past the keeper to give Town a share of the points.
Thetford: Bowden, Joseph, Thompson, Richards, Bailey (Haynes), Mann (Scott), Bolton, Clayton, Jones (Howard), Dixon, Blake.
This Saturday Town travel to Fakenham Town (3pm kick-off)
Town are also looking for a physio for possible two evenings a week plus Saturday match days. Expenses will be paid. Email Bob Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org