Thetford’s senior ladies shine in new competition
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Ladies scored a five-hole win over Eaton in the first round of the newly-introduced Diamond Trophy.
The competition is the Norfolk inter-club knock-out for senior ladies and after their home success in their opening fixture the team will be at home again to the Links GC at West Runton in round two.
Heather Keeble and Jenny Rowe halved their match while Jan Bone and Janice Fossey won by five holes to secure the victory over Eaton.
Meanwhile three-handicapper Shelly Pleasance, who is a regular for the Norfolk county team, won the Ladies’ March Stableford.
She returned 33 points to beat Janice Bone (14) by one point, with Kath Malvern (7) in third place with 31.
You may also want to watch:
Other leading scores: 30 Sharon Caws (15), 28 Wendy Puttock (12), 27 Shirley Spreadbury (22) and Margaret Fisher (16).
For more information at Thetford Golf Club visit www.thetfordgolfclub.co.uk
- 1 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 2 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 6 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 7 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 8 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 9 Man and dog rescued from house fire in Thetford
- 10 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts