Thetford’s dream continues in Junior Vase
- Credit: Archant
Thetford maintained their excellent start to the season by recording a big away win in the Junior Vase on Saturday.
They came away from Hendon with an emphatic 71-22 success to book their place in the regional second round of the national competition.
It’s now six straight victories for the Breckland outfit, who have also won all of their Eastern Counties One matches while scoring 234 points and conceding just 15.
Thetford were given an extra boost by the side-line filled with supporters that had also made the journey.
Tim Mann barged his way through the Hendon defence to score his first of four for the afternoon. Will Martin was the goal kicker for the day and converted eight of the 11 tries in a fine performance.
You may also want to watch:
Rob Duchesne, always in support, was rewarded with a try under the sticks and then spotted a gap and scored from 20 metres out untouched.
Mann’s hat-trick try made it 31-12 to Thetford at half-time. Matt Bailey quickly added to the tally, scoring under the posts.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 10 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
Twice Hendon tried to clear their lines only for Will Martin to return the ball with interest and score vital tries.
Seven sets of hands touched the ball as Josh Clark got on the scoreboard while Dan Cotton took the ball to the line, committing three defenders before releasing a rampaging Pizzey to score.
Mann added his fourth, Will Martin converted as Thetford ran out big winners.
Man of the match was Richard Sharp.
Thetford’s Heathens lost 34-15 in a friendly at Wymondham.