Thetford rack up more points
Whitton 1, Thetford Town 3THETFORD Town travelled to Whitton for a mid-table battle and recorded a good victory.They will hope for the same this weekend when they visit Saffron Walden Town.
Whitton 1, Thetford Town 3
THETFORD Town travelled to Whitton for a mid-table battle and recorded a good victory.
They will hope for the same this weekend when they visit Saffron Walden Town.
Town got off to a dream start with Matt Howard putting them in the lead after only two minutes.
You may also want to watch:
A corner went past everybody and Howard headed in at the far post. Bruno then had a chance wide soon after.
Whitton were given a great chance to equalise but Layne shot wide of an open goal. Whitton started to take control but on a difficult pitch it was not easy to move the ball around.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 US Air Force issues warning over increased flying this week
Town should have increased their lead on 23 minutes when Howard broke through but his shot was well saved by Moyes.
Whitton had their moments but Bowden did well in the Town goal. Against the run of play, Town increased their lead on 33 minutes when good play by Jones saw his pass to Mann, who ran through and score past Moyes.
Whitton finished the half strongly and had two good chances, with the last effort hitting the crossbar just before the half-time whistle.
Whitton had a chance in the opening half but Town's defence did well to clear. Jones had a good run on goal but the ball was cleared.
Town increased their lead on 60 minutes when good work by Dixon saw his effort cleared only for Clayton to follow up and score into the bottom right-hand corner.
Then Simon Mann had a good run which saw a good defensive tackle to clear the danger.
Whitton pulled a goal back on 68 minutes when Thompson was adjudged to have fouled in the area and Kevin Inglis stepped up to give Bowden no chance.
Whitton applied pressure and a lob saw a stranded Bowden sigh with relief as the ball came back off the bar. Whitton finished with a serious of corners but the Town defence, well marshalled by Bowden, stood firm.
Thetford Reserves have no fixture on Saturday and are due to entertain Debenham LC on Tuesday, April 13 (ko 7.45pm kick off.