Thetford put up a fight
This Saturday, after a good display against high-flying FC Clacton, Thetford Town have their last game of the season when they entertain Halstead Town, 3pm kick-off.
THETFORD TOWN finished their season on a high with a 3-1 Ridgeons League Divison One victory over Halstead Town.
On a sunny afternoon it was Halstead who had an early chance just wide, and then Jones had an effort on nine minutes which went over the bar.
Town continued to press and a good cross from Scott just missed the outstretched legs of Dixon. Bruno then went on a run which resulted in a corner which saw Bailey head just wide.
The game went end to end and Halstead had a good chance on 14 minutes which just missed the post.
You may also want to watch:
Town countered and Mann saw his effort rebound off the post and cleared, then another long ball from Scott saw Mann hit first time wide of the target.
Bowden then brought off a good save to deny Halstead. Bruno once again caused Halstead problems down the left and just before half time his pass found Mann whose cross was just headed wide by Dixon.
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 5 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
Town took the lead on 55 minutes when a Bruno corner found Mann who headed across goal for Howard to slot home at the far post.
Town mounted more pressure and a ball from Clayton found Nita who ran through but shot to high. Town increased their lead on 70 minutes when Dixon turned the defender and cut in to score from an acute angle.
With this Town switched off allowing Halstead to gain some control and on 73 minutes they pulled a goal back. Bowden saved soon after but then Town regained their composure and sealed the points on 89 minutes when Mann scored from close range.
On Friday Thetford Town have organised an evening at Mildenhall dog track. Tickets �10 which include coach travel, entrance fee and race card. If you are interested please contact Bob Richards on 01842 764282
The clubroom is available for summer parties. Contact Jane Richard on 01842 764282.