Young netball players organise summer charity tournament in Thetford
- Credit: PA
Two young netball players have got together to arrange a charity tournament in Thetford this summer.
Emma Alison-Vije, 15, plays for Thetford netball club and Izzy Salawu, 14, plays for Norfolk United, while both represent their respective school A teams.
The girls have known each other for 11 years but now go to different schools, with Emma at Thetford Academy and Izzy at Wymondham College.
“We decided to organise this tournament as we wanted people who haven’t played since high school or people who don’t know what netball is about to play with their friends and have fun while raising money for good causes. We also wanted to share our love for netball and hopefully inspire people to play,” said Izzy,
The aim is to raise money for Cancer Research UK and Nelsons Journey, a local charity based in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The tournament is taking place at Thetford Academy on June 10 from 9.30am to 5.30pm. People can get involved either by helping out on the day, donating, umpiring or entering a team by emailing email@example.com or by calling or texting 07787150460. It costs £4 per person to enter.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent