Thetford lose out to March
Thetford Town came off second best to a good, hardworking March Town side 4-0. March took the game to Town and caused early problems, and it was not until the 17th minute that Town had their first real effort through a Devlin free kick.
Thetford Town came off second best to a good, hardworking March Town side 4-0.
March took the game to Town and caused early problems, and it was not until the 17th minute that Town had their first real effort through a Devlin free kick.
Then on 20 minutes Town had their best period of play, ending in a Richards shot being saved by the keeper. March deservedly went ahead on 23 minutes when Brand ran through to score. They increased their lead on 40 minutes when Brand cut in from the left to fire over Matt Terry. Half-time: 0-2.
Town started the second half in a more positive mood. with Jones on for Giacomelli, they had a good effort on 65 minutes and should have pulled a goal back two minutes later when Mann saw his effort well saved by the keeper. But then March regained the upper hand and scored two more goals in the last 10 minutes for a well deserved victory.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday the first team are at FC Clacton, 3pm kick-off.
The Reserves entertain King's Lynn A in the Norfolk Junior Cup, 1.45pm kick-off.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 8 US Air Force issues warning over increased flying this week
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash