Thetford lose out to March
Thetford Town came off second best to a good, hardworking March Town side 4-0. March took the game to Town and caused early problems, and it was not until the 17th minute that Town had their first real effort through a Devlin free kick.
Thetford Town came off second best to a good, hardworking March Town side 4-0.
March took the game to Town and caused early problems, and it was not until the 17th minute that Town had their first real effort through a Devlin free kick.
Then on 20 minutes Town had their best period of play, ending in a Richards shot being saved by the keeper. March deservedly went ahead on 23 minutes when Brand ran through to score. They increased their lead on 40 minutes when Brand cut in from the left to fire over Matt Terry. Half-time: 0-2.
Town started the second half in a more positive mood. with Jones on for Giacomelli, they had a good effort on 65 minutes and should have pulled a goal back two minutes later when Mann saw his effort well saved by the keeper. But then March regained the upper hand and scored two more goals in the last 10 minutes for a well deserved victory.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday the first team are at FC Clacton, 3pm kick-off.
The Reserves entertain King's Lynn A in the Norfolk Junior Cup, 1.45pm kick-off.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?